*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935868-Vivekananda
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#935868 added June 6, 2018 at 1:19am
Restrictions: None
Vivekananda
DOES A PARAMAHAMSA EVER GET ANGRY OR IRRITATED?

Heart Read this story: Swamiji always helped the weak. He would say: "The weaker the man - the more help he needs. If a brahmin boy needs one teacher, engage four for a pariah". What a grand sentiment! Once Sri Ramakrishna was very angry with a lady devotee. He asked all of us not to go to her house or eat her food. He also asked her not to come to Dakshineswar. Given this serious injunction, who would dare visit her house? Nevertheless, one day Swamiji said to Swami Shivananda: "Come, let us go for a walk". In the course of the walk, they came upon the lady's house and Swamiji asked her for something to eat. The lady was beside herself with joy and fed him heartily. Afterward, Swamiji went to Sri Ramakrishna and told him what he had done. The Master said: "Well, I forbade you and yet you went there and ate!"
Swamiji replied: "Well, what harm was there? I have also invited her to come here". ...
Latu used to fall asleep early, and once the Master was very irritated with him. He wanted to send him away from Dakshineswar, but Swamiji interceded and the matter ended peacefully. It was for this reason, that Latu used to say: "If anyone is really a brother disciple, it is Vivekananda".

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935868-Vivekananda