*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936003-Your-Creative-Mindset
Rated: E · Book · Business · #2152658
Creating you dream business without emptying your account.
#936003 added September 28, 2018 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
Your Creative Mindset
Your Work Space

Creating your dream business calls for all your creative skills. Think about having exactly what you want out of your business. First this requires etching out your dream work space. What will be your safe place to create? Many people with home businesses convert one of their rooms into a home office. This does not have to mean a large, expensive construction project.

If your business involves writing, typing and creating invoices have your computer set up in a quiet room with no distractions. Set up all your equipment in easy reach. At first, this space will probably be small, so this will not be a problem. Just make sure everything is utilitarian. If you have a business where you will not be seen my clients than the look of the room is not important. What will be important is ease of getting your work done.

On the other hand, you must make your work space attractive if your clients will be seeing it. Whatever you so make sure it is usable.

If you are starting from scratch you might have to consider buying furniture and equipment. There are many used office furniture stores that you can patronize in order to stay within budget. Despite what people might think, it is unbelievable what people just throw out. You will be able to find good quality furniture or supplies at a low cost.

Color Scheme

Many psychologists will tell you that different colors give different impressions. There are many sites that tell you which colors will allow you to generate the right emotions in your clients. If this is not an issue think of what colors put you in the proper work mindset.

If your favorite stores are a bit too pricey for your beginning, shop around. There should be many colors and styles that you can choose from at reasonable prices. It take some time but it will be well worth is to give you that comfortable place. You will be able to concentrate and work better.

Resources

Your first line of defense will be sales people. The staff at a business supplies store will know what is popular among business people. The same goes for people at stores that sell paint and wall paper. They know what people are buying and enjoying most. Remember that you have a budget. Be ready to stick to your guns.

You can join Facebook groups for other people that run businesses similar to yours. I have found that the members of these groups very helpful. You can ask questions about the choices you are making and what other business people are doing in their businesses.

Whatever you decide on make sure it reflects who you are as person and a business person. This stage gives you the opportunity to put yourself in your business. Who you are will come out in your business and will reflect how you interact with your clients.

My work space is very stark but perfect for me. I have a small lap top computer on a white tray. It is not fancy. but I can access all the websites that I need. I have my writing program at hand. Everything I need is here. I am the kind of person that can work better with a bit of noise around. My desk and computer are in my living room, and this works just fine for me.





Personalized ehh
© Copyright 2018 amy-Has a great future ahead (UN: shyone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
amy-Has a great future ahead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936003-Your-Creative-Mindset