*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936140-When-youre-an-INTROVERT-
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#936140 added June 11, 2018 at 11:12am
Restrictions: None
When you're an INTROVERT 🤦😎🤦
Here is a question for you to think about. Are you an INTROVERT?

I totally understand about being introvert. My daughter is and I have issues with it a great deal. I had gotten to a point that I didn't want to be around people. They didn't make sense to me, they do or did stupid stuff, always mean to each other and I felt like I was being forced to like people. Totally not me, period!

I actually felt like I was going to explode. I had worked 40+ years in retail and over half was management positions. All the way from Dept head's to Assistant District Manager. The last one was my favorite. I had an awesome boss, he made sure I was always taken care of.

When, I started the church I go to now. I was scared to death to go, every church that I'd been to since I was 16 had shunned me. That's why I had quit going. It is the worst feeling in every way. Trying to find a place to belong and enjoy worshipping our God. I had almost had given up. But, a dear friend would not give up on me. She was bound and determined that I find a church I belonged too. We went to 6 churches hunting trying to find where I belonged at.

Her and her family left this church due to personal reasons and attend another. But, her and I sometimes still attend together other church services and gathering's. Her and I thrive on fellowship. To see me today, compared to me a year and half ago. You would of never guessed. I pushed myself to join in on the activities to go beyond my comfort zone. I do it for God, for the fellowship of learning from my fellow man. It has helped me to regrow with God. Closer than ever before.

I do have to tell you that I was not always like that. I enjoyed meeting others. Heck, I would hug anyone even a total stranger. Especially at church and being an introvert is not good when you are having to work in the public eye. Heck, the church I attend now didn't know how to handle me at first. They weren't all the huggy type of people. You know, my space, don't get in anyone's personal space. NOW, everyone hugs each other Hello in the fellowship meetings.
It's so fun to watch them now ...lol

My daughter cleans other people's houses, so she isn't around other's and is making pretty good money at it. She is great at it , because she is OCD also...lol. I can't help but think that we as a society have backed ourselves up into a corner and have become non-social. Except on electronic devices. Not wanting to meet face to face anymore. I think it's because we don't or have been hurt so many times by others. We have become where we don't care for others, in a face to face situation.

We have gotten where fur babies are our families and friends. Because they don't judge us, listen to things we have to say, but most of all love us unconditionally. We are evolving our pets, my grand-dogs bark back answers, they appear to control parts of our lives, that's in general to everyone by the way.

People need to thrive on each other, God made use to be companions, not to harm one another. But, we do out of vain selfish reasons. I try to meet someone new once a week. Even if it's to force myself to go shopping. I will say, "Hello, how are you?" to someone that I don't know. To work the introvert out of me. Because I know, the real me isn't like that.

The beauty of this, is I'm taking baby steps to heal myself and I'm starting to enjoy my life again. I'm getting control back of my life. Oh, I still have an occasional day that I really don't want to deal with others and that includes my family.

I will lock myself up in my room and just chill. Do what I want, not caring what is going on outside my room. No disrespect to anyone, do I feel like I'm being selfish sometimes. Yes, but I need down time just like anybody else. Dealing with people, animals all day or just part of a day can be taxing. So yes, I find myself hiding once and awhile now.

But, it ain't long before the whole household has joined my on my bed. Talking about the week and the upcoming week. And it ends up in a laughing session before we know it.

I have learned the last 2 years, that I've grown in my church (myself) that I feel closer to God and to the path He has laid before me. I have learned that the church is within each individual. Attending a church may that be a building, ones home or just a gathering of like mind individuals.

I do know that I'm going to minister to others one day. Not preach at them, but to show them a Christian Life. Lead and I shall follow you my Lord. What would Jesus do? My Pastor asks that question alot. Oh, if you want to listen to his sermons. Google podcast for "The Yorkville Heights" church Columbus MS, Pastor Scott Volland. Please, drop a line and let me know what you think about his sermons.

Well, I was long winded on this one ...lol. It is hard to stop when the Good Lord has given you a mission. But, I haven't even had breakfast yet and it's 10:00 a.m. and I need to take my daily meds. Just reminded by my son, I have errands to run also. Until later, hope your day is marvelous my dear friends.

Hugzzzzz to all 🤗💖🤗💖🤗
Teresa

© Copyright 2018 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936140-When-youre-an-INTROVERT-