*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936283-Trying-to-Do-the-Right-thing-doesnt-always-work-
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#936283 added June 14, 2018 at 1:47am
Restrictions: None
Trying to Do the Right thing, doesn't always work 🤔😶
Trying to Do the Right thing, doesn't always work 🤔

Well, I've been dealing with my ex the last few days. I think most of you know me pretty well by now. Probably think I'm soft hearted, kind and a push over. Well when it comes to family matters I have become a big freaking push over. Because, so many things have happened these past 8 years. That I try to keep the peace. And I truly thought it was working, staying away from those who I tread on to make it easier for the rest of the family.

My ex and I still have mutual friends. They had invited me to go to California and stay a few weeks. Then it became a month, more friends found out that I was coming and they extended my trip, so I could see everyone. It's been 8 very long years since I have seen them all. So, we all were excited about my going out to California.

My big brother calls me and is excited that I'll be seeing him a week earlier than planned. I ask him what was he talking about? I'm not suppose to be there until July 10th or 11th. He tells me that Michael (my ex) which is his roommate. Told him that he was picking me up on June 28th a whole week early.

I finished my conversation with my brother and immediately called my ex. No I didn't text, I hate texting. And for a very good reason. So I ask him about it and he replies. "I told you that we are leaving on the 28th of June," he says.

I said, "NO, you didn't! The last you told me was July 6th, 7th, maybe even the 8th. I have plans for the 4th and I can't change it!"

He started laughing, "What's so important you can't change it? It's not like you have anything going on."

"Well, for your info, I have a date!" saying off the top of my head.

I wasn't going to tell him my plans, none of his business. I'm listening to him laughing and I'm getting upset. I knew I should've never agreed to this. But, I was trying to save my family the cost of a round trip ticket. He so called volunteered to drive me back.

I told him that I didn't want to talk to him and hung up. His laughter echoing in my ears. I text him back, "What about my niece's are you still taking me to see them?"

"Yes, I'll do that, but they might have to meet us along the way. But, it was still the 28th. Where do they live I need their address."

"Oh, I'll see you Thursday" he adds.

"I'll have it for you."

"Why, what's Thursday?"

"Jeremy invited me to dinner, for Father's day!"

"Really!"

"I figured he forgot, to tell you! It feels like he's still laughing as he's texting me.

I end the conversation "Guess, I'll see you then."

Jeremy gets home 4 hours later. I tell him that I need to discuss something with him. I tell him that I'm leaving June 28th. The look on his face told me that he didn't know either. He tells me that he was told July 7th or 8th. Confirming my story. We talk about a little more, he needs to get in bed. He has to get up at 5 for work.

Today, I call my sister (my longtime friend). I ask her if she knew that my plans had changed and I was coming a week early. She had know idea, so she asks her husband (my ex's best friend). No, he didn't know either. I tell them not to call him and see what was going on. That I will call them back tomorrow and let them know.

Jeremy sits down tonight and talks to me about dinner tomorrow night. I told him, if he wanted me to I would stay in my room. He was upset with that idea. But, I don't want any trouble, and I just might say something to him. He told me that he didn't blame me one bit.

"Mom, I've never tried to choose sides," he says.

"I'm not asking you too," I told him.

"Hang on, I do have to say this, that he is in the wrong on this one. He should've called you and asked if you had made any plans yet. That he wanted to change his appointment to the 2nd from the 12th and go sooner. You had made plans for the church 4th of July celebration.
He isn't taking in consideration that what he did is effecting everyone in this household."

"I don't know how I'm going to pay my bills on the 3rd, I don't get paid until the 3rd of each month. He has just caused so many problems for me. I knew that I should've never agreed to going with him."

"What are you going to do? Wayne already bought your return trip home. You need to pay your bills, can't you pay over the phone or online?" he asks.

"I can't pay 4 bills any other way, but in person."

"Well, he done everyone wrong on this. What he should've done was call you, then if you couldn't go Wayne wouldn't be out the money on a plane ticket. That's what he should've done. I'm sorry, Mom. Maybe, you should not go with him! I know that you really wanted to go and see everyone. But, what he did to you was wrong, 175%. He should pay Wayne back for the ticket, if you can't go. Plain and simple! And besides, I'm pissed off because he did it to you and laughed about it."

So now what do I do, I know that I have to confront him and ask him why he did what he did? Trying to keep the peace in the family has cost me a lot. But, it's time it stops.

As a good Christian woman, I thought that I was doing the right thing by showing my grandchildren that you are to forgive one another. But, with this lastest I am not so sure about keeping peace with this man is a good idea anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I have bent over backwards with this man and his soon to be 2nd ex. Who stole my private info and used it. That's another story in it's self. I could write a novel on it.

I guess I've vented enough. I only like positive things on my post. But, sometimes you need some other point of perspective to bounce off of.

Well, it's almost 1a.m. and I need to get these in the mail 💌📫
To all of you listening, thank you for being you.
May your night, day or afternoon be blessed with joy and happiness.
Hugzzzzz 🤗💖🤗
Teresa


Personal Signature
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2018 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936283-Trying-to-Do-the-Right-thing-doesnt-always-work-