*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937696-Vacation-Vacation
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#937696 added July 10, 2018 at 12:41am
Restrictions: None
Vacation... Vacation...
Me oh my...

Part One...

Most of you know that I'm traveling from state to state visiting my family and friends who are my family. I started out with my son and his wife (daughter) in Little Rock spending the night with them and hugging and spending time with my granddaughters and granddogs too. Had a wonderful dinner, pool time and watching movies.

Next stop was my big baby brothers oldest daughter. My brother passed away almost 4 years to the date. I didn't have the opportunity to see her grow up, or even her half sister and brother. Divorce and the death of our mother pulled its toll on my family. We had a very short visit, but that's all that was needed for the moment. After 4 years of trying to get together, we finally got to hold each other. She is pregnant and we plan on me coming when the baby is born.

Now, off to Amarillo, TX. to see my little baby sister. As we get around 10 miles outside of Weatherford, TX. The alternator goes out in Mike's SUV. We coast off the exit and into the parking lot of Napa. We found some really awesome people here. It was 3:30 on a Friday night and they were able to get use a new alternator and someone who would put it on. We made it 5 miles to the shop. They had it replaced within an hour and we were back on the road. The most amazing part the bill, $134 for the alternator, shop $104 to replace it. Really we thought for sure that it would be $500 or more. Heck, we were broke down, what could we do just pay whatever they wanted to charge. These people were really awesome to us. I thank Napa and Mikes Repair Center in Weatherford, TX. for being really awesome guys.

Had dinner and spent the night talking, laughing and finding out even more about each other. We are rock lovers and decided that our parents must have given us rocks to play with when we grew up ...lol. I'm on a new adventure with river rock and had brought some of my rocks. She fell in love with my idea and went home with several of my rocks.

We did have a surprise when we started to go to bed. I was planning on sleeping on the sofa bed. But, it had mouse poop in the sheets. Not something that I was expecting to found. I decided not to sleep on the sofa. It was a very long night. Our plans were to get up and eat breakfast and then I was heading out. Went down to the breakfast buffet. They had cereal, make your own waffles, biscuits, and gravy. The cereal was uncovered, so was the waffle mix and the gravy was runny with tiny specks in it. "What is that," my sister asks. I shake my head and walk away.

"Coffee?" I asked.

"They don't have creamer," she says.

We opt out on breakfast and I call for my ride to pick me up. We say our goodbyes and head out.

Will today was exhausting and headed to bed, for an early fun filled day tomorrow on the beaches of Southern California. Love and miss you all.

I would love to see tons of poetry posted on my contest page.
FORUM
The Lighthouse Poetry Contest  (E)
Contests With A Christian Theme
#1742964 by LegendaryMask❤️
so far I only have 2. *Sob* If you would prefer to donate I would appreciate it also. 30000 earns you a Lighthouse Poetry MB.

Stay tuned for part 2 headed to bed Pismo Beach wore me out today.

© Copyright 2018 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937696-Vacation-Vacation