*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938958-Day-1---Summer-Virtual-Road-Trip---Orlando-Florida
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#938958 added August 1, 2018 at 11:57pm
Restrictions: None
Day 1 - Summer Virtual Road Trip - Orlando, Florida
30 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 1 - The Social - Orlando, Florida


Lyn says:
Hi Concert Junkies, are you ready to do 30 days straight of music, backpacking, and some hotels but don't expect high-end lodging we're stepping out of our comfort zone to become groupies? In the past we've talked about planes,or trains this time we're going to know it happened but it's not going to be discussed.

Rules are I'm going to tell you the venue and where we're sleeping and who the band is for the night. You need to find a song by them and blog about the song, the venue and your interaction with your groupie co-horts. Make it up anything goes when it comes to the interaction. The venue and song please make an effort to find something. Thanks.

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnresorts/hotels/us/en/orlando/disfs/hoteldetail

From an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at The Lakeside Cafe to Cravings with coffee and sweet treats, we have a dining option for everyone. The Food Court features Subway, serving sandwiches & salads & our team cooks up freshly fired, hand-tossed pizza.

Breakfast at the hotel, some time at the waterpark, around the pool or taking a nap and then off to the concert. Have fun, we're going to be back very late.

The Social 54 North Orange Avenue and the band is Lydia, Jared and the Mill. If you google the The Social they show you Lydia and Jared and the Mill.


So here's what happened...
So it's Florida! Florida and a wicked hotel with a pool! And a superb pool at that... I have to keep reminding myself we are supposed to be here for a concert, but I can't resist dumping my stuff off and heading straight for the water.... check in can wait. I see a few of my WDC friends arriving and wave. It isn't too long before most of them have ventured down to take some time in the sun with a little fun.
I made sure to get my head wrapped around the groups we are going to see at The Social tonight. Lydia, Jared & the Mill and Cherry Pools. I had not heard of any of them, but let's face it, I also did not want to be showing my age so I needed to check out some YouTube links and see what I was getting myself into...

Jared and the Mill


These guys were fun to watch and seemed to be really enjoying themselves and their music. The crowd picked up on that vibe. I found it interesting to see how many interesting instruments they use. I don't think I have seen any band that uses a washboard. Their instruments were as eclectic as their music, but I got a good feel from them.

Lydia


This group seemed a bit more polished. Another indie-rock band. Interesting. I would not call myself a fan, but it was enjoyable.

Cherry Pools


This group had a more techno sound and I liked it the best of all. And a little research let me know they are a Toronto, Canada based band! Their sound I could listen to all night long. This band got me dancing.

The Social was a good size. Not too huge, but not intimate either. It boasts a capacity of 450 and I think it was up to capacity. People were packed in pretty good. Although the event was all ages, you could still get alcohol until 2 am. I had a few drinks, but with all the sun I had gotten earlier, I figured I would only have a few. Some of our group can really party. A few even made their way up to the front to get up and personal, but I was happy to hang near the back where I was able to find a little bit of space.

© Copyright 2018 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938958-Day-1---Summer-Virtual-Road-Trip---Orlando-Florida