*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939008-Day-2---New-York-and-New-Jersey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#939008 added August 2, 2018 at 10:33pm
Restrictions: None
Day 2 - New York and New Jersey
30 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 2 - Manhattan and Rutherford, NJ


Lyn says:
Hope you caught a snooze on the plane cos we're going into Manhattan for the day after we land into Newark and then heading to Met Life Stadium to see Beyonce and Jay Z. Hope you brought your walking shoes because by the time this day is over your legs are going to know it. The On the Run II Tour is the second co-headlining stadium tour by American singer Beyoncé and rapper Jay-Z. It was officially announced on March 12, 2018, and began on June 6, 2018 in Cardiff. It is scheduled to end on October 4, 2018 in Seattle.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/OTRII

What's your take on Beyonce and Jay Z's music. Tell me your favorite and why. What did you think of the Big Apple? interact with the rest of the groupies. Have fun.

A car service is delivering your baggage to my home. Yup, we're crashing at my place. It ain't the Hilton but I don't think you'll be disappointed. I live in a 3 story townhouse, looking forward to sharing some scones and coffee with you in the morning after the concert.



Oh my goodness Lyn! We get to stay at your place. Talk about generosity and kindness.

I did a whole bunch of research on Manhattan and I lost the information when switching from one computer to another... on an online website too. (This is the second time this has happened). So in a nutshell - I went to Central Park. Had coffee and a sandwich at Wollman Rink and went to sit on the steps of th Metropolitan Museum, then checked out The Strand Bookshop.

https://www.strandbooks.com/
https://www.strandbooks.com/about-strand-books/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWX6pYmtECQ

Then the concert:
wikipedia had this to say about the tour:
The On the Run Tour was a co-headlining stadium tour by American performer Beyoncé and rapper Jay-Z. The joint tour came shortly after the two had finished their own solo tours — Beyoncé's The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour and Jay-Z's Magna Carter World Tour (both 2013–2014). The tour's name spins off from the 2013 song "Part II (On the Run)", included on Jay-Z's album Magna Carta Holy Grail, on which Beyoncé features. An official poster for the tour was released along with the announcement of the venture, showing Beyoncé and Jay-Z embracing whilst dressed in black ski masks, following the criminal "on the lam" narrative found in the couples' 2002 first single together, "'03 Bonnie & Clyde" and "Part II (On the Run)".
To promote the tour, a faux movie trailer video was premiered in May 2014 entitled "Run" (stylized as "RUN"). The video, which features eight celebrity cameo appearances, showcases the couple in a variety of Bonnie and Clyde style, action and gun packed situations. The tour itself was noted to follow this same theme throughout, with similar video interludes incorporated into the production of the show. Critics generally lauded the tour, praising the extravagant set list, dynamic and detailed theme and story of the show and both artists' performance abilities, however some felt the on stage chemistry between the couple was not what it could have been.

I did check out the trailer, but fond it a bit too graphic for my taste.... I also checked out the ticket prices $87 US is the cheapest - Sec. 319 row 21. The most... closer to $400 US. Wow that is a far cry from last nights $17 US. Not sure what to expect, but I will keep an open mind.


Beyoce -Crazy In Love - Featuring Jay Z


Beyonce is a beautiful woman with a great head for business, but I find her a bit too overtly sexual for my tastes. Don't get me wrong. I love her music and I love dancing to it, but I find watching the videos a bit too graphic for my liking. Part of it is my age, but I find my Feminist hairs raising up on my head as she uses her looks and sexuality to sell.. it works, but it makes me disappointed in the way of things.
As for Jay Z.... I am not into rap. Small quantities are fine, but that's about it.

Song Cry - this one is not so bad....


I also took a look at this article...
https://nypost.com/2018/08/01/breaking-down-beyonce-and-jay-zs-love-through-thei...


© Copyright 2018 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939008-Day-2---New-York-and-New-Jersey