*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939123-Day-4---Summer-Virtual-Road-Trip---Denver-Colorado
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#939123 added August 4, 2018 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
Day 4 - Summer Virtual Road Trip - Denver, Colorado
30 Day Blogging Challenge - Denver, Colorado


Lyn says:
Sorry ladies, rise and shine our flight is out of Philadelphia at 9 am which means we're leaving here by 6 am. Don't worry if you've forgotten anything I'll make sure you get it.
We're going to see Luke Bryan, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen and John Pardi
https://www.songkick.com/concerts/32678304-luke-bryan-at-sports-authority-field-...
Hope you got your cowboy boots and jeans packed. It's going to be a country night at Mile High Stadium and we're hoofing it there from our hotel. 1.3 miles, ladies and gents. We got this.
http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/colorado/embassy-suites-by-hilton-den...
If you're up to seeing Union Station, it's worth the time
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g33388-d130318-Reviews-Union_Stati...
shopping for anyone.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g33388-d251918-Reviews-16th_Street...
4 different musicians, Enjoy!


6 am was an early start, but the coffee and those baked goods were definitely worth getting up for. I really loved staying at your place Lyn. That garden was magnificent. I enjoyed sitting out there sipping my coffee and taking in all the sights and smells. A few of the ladies joined me. It was almost a shame to leave.

But leave we did. We had a flight to catch and this time we were heading off to Denver Colorado. The concert is country. I am not the biggest country fan. The only one of these artists - Luke Bryan - but I am not sure what his music is like. I do like Shania Twain, so if any of these bands are like that I will be fine.... otherwise, I will start howling - my Mother's friend used to love old country and when I got into his car and he turned on the tunes I could not help letting out a howl. My mother thought it was hilarious, but then she was not all that crazy about his taste in music. Newer country artists, I like... like Faith Hill.

So tonight will be an experience. Besides there are 4 of them, so I am sure I will enjoy myself.
The doors don't open until 5:30 pm so we will have time to explore. The concert is at the Mile High Stadium - home to the Denver Broncos. That's cool.

I decided to get a couple of my friends to join me in the Denver Scavenger Hunt. Our adventure began at the state capitol. We were taken on a well-designed course through some of Denver’s art and culture, among shops along the 16th Street Mall and through courtyards and buildings steeped in rich Denver history. The tour requires approximately 2 miles of walking and uses the free 16th street mall transportation at one point in the game. The game software tracks team points and posts the final score to a city leader board for those with a competitive edge. None of us were highly competitive; I just liked the idea of hitting all the highlights of the city.

We used our smart phones as “the guide” which allowed us to start when we wanted. We could set our own pace of play, which left us plenty of time to stop for a bite to eat, enjoy the best sights of the city and do a little shopping. It was well worth the $19.95.

By the time we returned to the hotel I was ready for a shower and a change. I decided to toss on a new dress I bought this afternoon. A swanky light tan coloured dress that is down past my knees at the back and over the knee at the front. There is even a little fringe on the bottom. It's all very feminine. I also picked up a pair of cowboy boots and a straw cowboy hat with an aquamarine gem weaved into it. I am so ready for this concert. I also picked up a lacy cream shawl to go over my bare shoulders in case I got cold.

Now to tell you about the concert. Luke Bryan was the headliner.
I like the message in this song...


Sam Hunt has a really nice voice. I loved this song...


Morgan Wallen - this says it all... twang. Catchy song.


and John Pardi


Okay, I have listened to 4 songs and I've had enough....



© Copyright 2018 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939123-Day-4---Summer-Virtual-Road-Trip---Denver-Colorado