*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939066-Day-3---Wantagh-New-York
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#939066 added August 3, 2018 at 6:52pm
Restrictions: None
Day 3 - Wantagh, New York
30 Day Blogging Challenge: - Wantagh, Long Island, New York.

Lyn says:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wantagh,_New_York
We're going to take the train up from my home explore the town of Wantagh on Long Island before heading to the concert at Northwell Health. Jones Beach Theater is an outdoor amphitheater at Jones Beach State Park in Wantagh, New York. It is one of two major outdoor arenas in the New York metropolitan area. The weather is supposed to be perfect.
We're seeing Chicago and Reo Speedwagon this evening.
There are different historical things to see, hope something appeals to you. What's your favorite Chicago song? Reo Speedwagon?
We'll be taking the train back and crashing one more night before we leave this part of the U.S. Maybe will have time to join us.

AHHHH! I LOVE CHICAGO! And Reo Speedwagon is pretty great too! And in an outdoor venue. Oh Lyn you outdid yourself!!! Sorry if my squeals overwhelmed anyone. I am just so thrilled.

Here is the write up about the concert:
Fans will be treated to a night filled with a deep catalog of hits from both bands. Chicago, in planning a show unlike any other they’ve done before, will perform their historic album Chicago II in its entirety followed by the “world’s longest encore” as the band jokingly refers to it, filled with their greatest hits. REO Speedwagon will electrify audiences with hits and fan-favorites such as “In Your Letter,” “Can’t Fight This Feeling,” “Time For Me To Fly,” “Roll With The Changes,” “Keep On Loving You,” “Take It On the Run” and more.

I can hardly wait! But first, I have to say, the scones were to die for Lyn! And you do make the best coffee. We took the train into Wantagh for the day. I noticed a wonderful little coffee house that I just had to spend some time in. The Cup Coffeehouse. It is located directly across from the Wantagh train station on Railroad Avenue. The Cup is often compared to a Brooklyn style coffee shop straight out of the 70's. I loved it.
Now, Wantagh is a hamlet that consists of two-designated place located in Nassau County, on the South Shore of Long Island, New York. So I can actually claim to have looked into the world of Long Island life.
Given that we will be at Jones Beach State Park, I decided that my bathing suit needed to come with me and I am glad I brought. After walking the boardwalk trails I hit the beach... and I was not alone. Several of my WDC friends were eager to join me for an easy day at the beach. Now this is the kind of day I love. Relaxing with a chance to explore and enjoy myself.... and end it all off with one amazing concert.

The concert was phenomenal! The venue was fabulous - The Laid Back Festival was well named. Great music and it was featuring over 20 regional Restaurants, Food Trucks, Breweries & Wineries. the gates opened at 5:30 pm and although the music didn't start until 7 pm, most of us were enjoying the food and the drinks. It was a rockin' good night.

Wow!
http://jonesbeach.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=100...

Here's some of the details:
NEXT EVENT: LAID BACK FESTIVAL featuring CHICAGO / REO SPEEDWAGON-
FRIDAY, AUGUST 3
Event Times: All times subject to change
Box Office: 12:00pm
Parking: 8:00am
Gates: 5:30pm
Oasis Stage
5:30 Dan Orlando
Main stage
7:00-7:20 Michael Tolcher
7:30-8:43 REO
9:00-10:05 CHICAGO
10:25-11:35 CHICAGO

As for the bands....
Chicago is an American rock band formed in 1967 (the year I was born) in Chicago, Illinois. They have recorded 36 albums and sold over 100,000,000 records.
I started liking them in the 80's when I was a teenager. 'Your My Inspiration' and 'Hard To Say I'm Sorry ' are a couple of my favourite songs - from Album 17. I think I only bought albums 17 and 21.
Chicago is also a favourite of my Uncle John and he is 19 years older than me.

https://chicagotheband.com/

Hard to Say I'm Sorry:

You're the Inspiration


REO Speedwagon (originally styled as R.E.O. Speedwagon) is an American rock band from Champaign, Illinois. Formed in 1967, the band cultivated a following during the 1970s and achieved significant commercial success throughout the 1980s. Hi Infidelity (1980) contained four US Top 40 hits and is the group's best-selling album, with over ten million copies sold.

A favourite of Reo Speedwagon is I Can't Fight This Feeling


After listening to both of these bands I can see were a lot of my inspiration comes from with my own writing and outlook on life - the formative years of my creative life. I love the lyrics as well as the sounds.


I alco liked that the night was not to late. Man did I have a great time! I will sleep well tonight... if I can stop singing long enough to fall asleep.



© Copyright 2018 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939066-Day-3---Wantagh-New-York