*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939384-Day-8---Summer-Virtual-Trip---San-Diego-California
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#939384 added August 8, 2018 at 4:46pm
Restrictions: None
Day 8 - Summer Virtual Trip - San Diego, California
30 Day Blogging Challenge - San Diego, California


Lyn says:
We're here sunny San Diego, where it never rains.
https://www.songkick.com/concerts/33413724-rick-derringer-at-humphreys-concerts-...
Rick Derringer, Badfinger, Vanilla Fudge, Joey Molland, and Mitch Ryder And The Detroit Wheels
Humphrey's Concerts by the Bay
2241 Shelter Island Dr., 92106, San Diego, CA, US, 619-224-3577
www.humphreysconcerts.com
We got a travel package deal that said we had to book 2 nights with this hotel chain so here we are our second night with Omni.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60750-d287392-Reviews-Omni_San_Diego_H...
Lots of glass with a crazy view. 675 L Street, San Diego, CA 92101-7022
I've got us booked for an electric bike tour, ladies.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g32578-d11456697-Electric_Bi...

Lyn picked a good tour for us.... a little exercise and lots of wonderful sites. We started at the shop and after a little orientation on how to maneuver the electric bikes we were off through the village. We stopped at the Children's Pool to see the harbor seals with their pups. Now that was cool. City and nature so close. We went through the coastal neighborhoods of La Jill which is home to the most expensive real estate in San Diego. We headed down to Windan Sea Beach, famous from early Beach Boys videos, where San Diego’s most elite surfers come to play. It was fun to watch all those surfers cut through the waves like that. I can appreciate the skill, but I wouldn't try it myself.
The La Jolla Bike Path took us north - to see gorgeous views of the ocean. We climbed up Mt. Soledad - thank god for the electric bikes. We were able to cruise up with little effort. At the top we had time to explore the Mt. Soledad Memorial and take in the 360-degree views from San Diego’s highest coastal point. It was exhilarating when we rode down the mountain! We even got to see a few mountain side neighbourhoods. Lovely.
Back on the coast trail we went to the La Jolla Coves to check out the playful California sea lions, dramatic sea caves and tide pools. That was awesome!
By the time the tour was over I was ready for some food and a dip in the pool. I would have liked to dip myself in the ocean so that I could say I had been in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans this summer, but time was not on my side. Maybe if we have time in the morning....

The concert was descent. I had not heard of any of these bands so I was happy to hang back on the fringes of the crowd and watch the people. I get the impression that we are listening to classic rock.... but they are all new to me.
The headliners was Rick Derringer.

I was glad to get back to the hotel and drop into bed. My ears were ringing.


© Copyright 2018 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939384-Day-8---Summer-Virtual-Trip---San-Diego-California