*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940381-August-27-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#940381 added August 27, 2018 at 12:12am
Restrictions: None
August 27, 2018
"August 27, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysBlog City image smallImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Blog City image small John Green who is the author of The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska says, “In my opinion, actual heroism, like actual love, is a messy, painful, vulnerable business—and I wanted to try to reflect that.”
What is heroism to you and how would you show it through your writing?

Heroism and love go hand in hand for me. Heroes typically make their sacrifices out of love. Military veterans in most countries fight either because they love their countries or they love their families who live in those countries. I live at the West Virginia Veterans Home where I serve as chaplain. Only veterans are permitted to live here and I deal with men and women who have made tremendous sacrifices for the United States. My sacrifice was small in comparison to most but all of us love our country. Jesus Christ sacrificed Himself and suffered the loss of His home in Heaven, death on the cross, and loss of fellowship with God the Father temporarily because He loved mankind and knew that His death would serve to restore mankind to fellowship with God. It is so sad that many reject this free gift. Military veterans are heroes because they sacrifice themselves as patriots for their countries. Jesus is a hero because He sacrificed Himself for the entire world.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Write about My Home."

My home currently is the West Virginia Veterans Home in Barboursville WV. I share my home with about 80 other veterans, for all of whom I have the deepest respect and admiration. Each of them has sacrificed tremendously for the freedoms we take for granted in the USA. I read a marquee every time I go to the VAMC which says "The price of freedom is visible here."

It refers to the many disabled and ill veterans who have sacrificed so much. I would say that the price of freedom is also visible here at the West Virginia Veterans Home and other state veterans home across the USA because many of the residents here suffer disabilities obtained in the line of duty that will follow them the remainder of their lives. My only regret is that many of them refuse to have anything to do with my Lord Jesus Christ who can heal all wounds and teach us how to overcome our hurts, habits, and hangups by dependence on Him. I pray each day for revival to come upon the veterans home and for each veteran here to commit their lives to Jesus Christ with the same tenacity with which they committed themselves to military service. I firmly believe that revival will come here. An outpouring of the Holy Spirit looms on the horizon.


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940381-August-27-2018