*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943288
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2170754
My project for 2018....Arlynn's Way
#943288 added October 14, 2018 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
October 13 - Contest Round: Antagonist Background Story
The first time I saw Arlynn I knew I wanted her to be mine. All mine.

It was April. I'd gone with some guys I knew from work to some little hovel of a place down by the universities. It was clean and the beers were cheap. I could appreciate that.

Joe, the guy who had suggested this venture, appreciated that the cheap booze brought in the students. He said he could sweet talk his way easily into some young woman's pants. And all for a few cheap drinks. "It was like shooting fish in a barrel" he had told us.

I had decided to go along and see what the action was like because I was bored. My own exploits were starting to get clingy. A little too close for comfort. I wanted to put some distance there. I didn't doubt they would be more than willing to pickup where we'd left off if I called them again; if I bothered to call them again.

The place was hopping. We headed up to the bar to order a round and get a feel for the place. I noticed her almost right away. She was sitting with a small group of friends in the back corner. An auburn haired beauty. Glossy brown hair with auburn highlights. There was nothing mousy about this girl. She had curves in all the right places and a melodic laugh that held my attention. I was drawn in. I could not take my eyes off her. But there was also a feeling of closure within their little group and I feared I would not be able to break in.

From the look of things they were celebrating. What, I had no idea, but it was April so it could have been the end of exams or something as mundane as that. The others seemed to raising their glasses and toasting her; in praise of something and I was intrigued. I wanted to know what that was all about.

I wasn't sure how I could work my way into their group, or even if it was possible, but Joe managed to snag a table right beside them, though we had to sit with a flushed group of fresh students who were only too eager to talk to some suit clad men. Having to entertain some dizzy, blond chick with too much makeup and an ear splitting laugh was stretching it, but the auburn haired goddess was right behind me and that made my pulse quicken. I had a few more beers and it seemed to dull the sharpness of the young blond. I knew I could have easily made my move and she would have come home with me, but my mind was still drawn to the gorgeous creature behind me.

At one point my auburn fantasy looked my way, but she was actually looking at her friend who had gone over to the retro jukebox to select some music. I got a chance to see her eyes - a starling dark blue rimming a silvered blue that seemed to radiate and shimmer. Her creamy white skin was flawless. She stole my breath and I had to remind myself to breath deeply as my heart rate skyrocketed. I so wanted her, but she seemed untouchable as if her bubble of friends cocooned her within their group. I made an attempt to smile at her, but she did not even notice. I felt a wash of disappointment, but I managed to push that aside. I had to appease myself with just being near her... for now.

In the proximity of our tables I managed to overhear that she had won some prestigious award. Apparently it usually went to a fourth year student, but she, a third year, had risen above her peers and captured the prize.

Impressive. Not only was she gorgeous and built, but she was intelligent and talented enough to get this award. She also seemed to be quite humble about the accomplishment.

When her group started to pack up to go, I decided it was time to beg off as well. I preferred being alone than taking some floozy, blond home for a quick fuck. She was not worth it, besides my mind was full and wrapped around the fantasy of the auburn haired goddess with the amazing blue eyes.

Outside the bar, I noticed her group heading off towards the subway. I decided to follow; not yet ready to head home and still hoping to get a chance to talk to her. There was just something that held me captive and I couldn't help myself. Besides the night was still young.

I followed them down into the bowels of the subway careful to keep my distance. Close enough to hear them, but far enough away to not seem too creepy. I overheard them talking about going to some art exhibit at a gallery and I put the information to memory hoping to go. To see her again.

I watched her hug her friends goodbye and I hoped desperately that I might get my chance to talk to her, but one of the girls stayed with her. Their closeness burned my gut. I wouldn't say they were together together, but they were definitely close and I felt rattled, unable to approach.

They were heading Northbound and though I would normally have walked home, I found myself following, hanging back at a safe distance. There were lots of people milling about so I did not seem to stand out even if I did feel strange about my attraction to this girl. I couldn't walk away.

I decided I would only follow for a bit, transferring at the Spadina station and again at the Bloor-Younge station to take the Southbound train back to my own stop at the College station. But when I got to the transfer point I could not make myself move. I stayed where I was, curious to know where they were going.

At the St. Clair West station they stood and moved to the door. Just before the doors were to close, I jumped up and made my way after them. The crowd had thinned a bit, but it was still buzzing as any regular Friday night. I followed at a leisurely pace. I couldn't help myself.

The need to speak to her grew, but so did the feeling that it was an impossibility. The two girls stayed together and it was not long before they headed into the foyer of a tall apartment building on Oriola Avenue. I knew I had to continue on and I did, but I made note of the address. A wave of disappointment swamped me, but there was still a kernel of hope. I knew where she would be going tomorrow. That helped to lift my spirits. I needed to get home and check out where that venue they mentioned was and then concoct some way to make my being there a real possibility. That had me quickening my step.

I decided to walk home from there. Yes, the distance was pretty far, but I was high on the fumes of infatuation. Her voice and melodic laugher echoed in my head and I could swear I could even smell the subtleness of her perfume. The walk helped me work out the vamped up energy that coursed thorough my veins and left me desperate for another encounter... tomorrow. Tomorrow I would see her again.


NOTES




Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2018 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943288