*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944544-Ghost-Stories
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#944544 added October 30, 2018 at 5:10pm
Restrictions: None
Ghost Stories
Fiḍál (Grace), 15 ‘Ilm (Knowledge) 175 B.E. - Tuesday, October 30, 2018

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

Start your entry with this sentence:
You might not believe in ghost stories, but…

Ghost Stories

You might not believe in ghost stories, but they are out there. Ghost stories make their appearance most often at Halloween parties to frighten the party goers. Ghost stories are fun to listen to, to tell, and to write; as long as one doesn't get too big of a fright. The imagination can be a friend or a foe, it can frighten you or make you think.


If you don't leash your imagination it can be your foe. It can take you through a frightening skating rink, and if you don't question everything you think. Ghost stories are fun to tell, as long as you take them with a grain of salt or a couple of jalapeño popper with a little ranch dressing or maybe some tartar sauce. Don't let your own ghost stories frighten you, it's always better for them to frighten the ghost, protagonist, or antagonist in the story. Keep writing and telling stories about ghost, and you will be the Halloween host with the most ghost stories.

When telling a ghost story, don't begin with "Once upon a time" unless your telling about a haunted castle. Try to place your ghost in unexpected places, such as a ranch style house, to make to make the story either more or less believable. Avoid clichés and cliché locations, to make your ghost story memorable and unboring. Halloween is coming so write and tell ghost stories to your heart's content. Make Wednesday, October 31, a ghost story telling day, and remember to write your stories down because you will need them again next year.

Happy Halloween!
Don't let your ghost stories be too frightening.




© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944544-Ghost-Stories