*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944586-Midweek-Reflections-on-Halloween
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#944586 added October 31, 2018 at 1:49pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on Halloween
‘Idál (Justice ), 16 ‘Ilm (Knowledge) 175 B.E. - Wednesday, October 31, 2018

When I was a child, living in Blackwell, Oklahoma, I enjoyed Halloween. I enjoyed dressing up and trick or treating. Grandma enjoyed it, as well. Grandma always made cookies for the neighbor kids that came trick or treating. Since all of the neighbors knew her, they had no problems with the treats she gave out. In fact, all children in the neighborhood call her Grandma. It was a badge of honor, and she knew all the children's names, even when they wore masks Grandma recognized them and called them by name.


When Mom was alive, she enjoyed seeing the trick or treaters. We always had candy to give them. For a while we had a Springer spaniel, called Specs, who like to see the trick or treaters. Whenever a group of costumed children would ring the bell or knock, Specs would go to the door, but she wouldn't bark. She knew the children were wearing costumes, and her tail would wag. I don't give out treats anymore, on Halloween I close the door and the shades. I don't answer the door unless its friends, who will call me and tell me they're at my door.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944586-Midweek-Reflections-on-Halloween