*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948706-Birthdays-and-Books-What-A-Glorious-Combination
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#948706 added January 2, 2019 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
Birthdays and Books! What A Glorious Combination!
30 Day Blogging Challenge

I’m 24 today! Write about your most memorable birthday. My favorite entry (or entries ) today will receive a Birthday MB!

Well, happy birthday my January friend. My birthday is in 10 days - the 12th of January. Oh how wonderful it would be to be 24 again. I am significantly higher in age... with many more birthday experiences. The problem is trying to remember one... a favourite one. To be completely honest birthdays are not really my thing. Celebrating other people's is great, celebrating my own... not so much. I am not a big fan of being centered out, but I do like the acknowledgment of the day.

I remember going skating with my two best friends... but I can't remember if that was my birthday when I got new skates or if it was just Christmas break.

I remember a very indulgent chocolate cheesecake and enjoying my friend's one year old daughter go to town on her wee piece. That was a nice get together. It was at my mother's place and I had invited my two best friends. Debbie's daughter had come along. There were probably only 6 of us... or 8 if my aunt and uncle came. It was before any of us had serious boyfriends or husbands. Life was simpler then. It could have been my 23 or 24th birthday.

When I think back on things, I have a tendency to remember wonderful things, but they are not tied to birthdays. Most of them involve my two best girl friends and my family. Simple and easy. Good food and plenty of good laughter. Getting older is just a number. I think the best thing is the people and the connections to others. That's what stays with me.

Have a fabulous birthday! Make memories and most importantly, enjoy the friendships and family that are part of the celebration. Cheers!

Blog City - Day 1843

Prompt: "Open a volume and next comes fragrance: fresh, green and inky if it's new or a bit dusty and aged like a grandfather's cozy den" Which do you like better, new books or old books?

Books, old or new are both loved equally in my world.... though I prefer paperbacks over hard covers. Paperbacks can be carried about and read anytime and anywhere. Hard covers don't give me that luxury. I carry a lot in my back pack and the lighter the books, the better.

One of my favourite bookshops, now closed, was the old Cobalt Highway Bookshop. It was full, floor to ceiling with lots of old books. The fragrance was heavenly. I would spend hours there. It is closed now, but New Liskeard has a newer shop - Chat Noir Books and they have taken in some of The Cobalt Bookshop's stock as well as plenty of new books. They also have a gaming room and a coffee shop. these newer shops have to have so much more to pull in people. Personally, I prefer books over any Kindle or Kobo devise. They have their place, I suppose, but I am quite happy to have a book open in front of me. The experience is far more intimate and connected than one of those things.


© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948706-Birthdays-and-Books-What-A-Glorious-Combination