*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949216-Online-Persona
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#949216 added January 8, 2019 at 9:41pm
Restrictions: None
Online Persona
30 Day Blogging Challenge

How is your online persona different from your real world persona? How much attention do you pay to your personal privacy when communicating with others online?
I think I try to put the best of myself out there as my online persona. Although I think that is pretty close to who I really am. I try to lean to the more positive and upbeat, but in writing I can still access the darker side of my personality.

When it comes to personal privacy... I share, but I think I remain careful. I am not a tell all book, but I am also not a closed off fish. I aim for authentic and real. I share my vulnerability and am open particularly when I feel comfortable. I also hope that, in the sharing of my experience I am able to help others and let them know they are not alone.

We are all human and sharing takes away some of the shame that we tend to shuffle off into a corner. Shining a light on the darker parts of our life, illuminates the experience and makes the shame shrink. I think it is easier to share online, especially in an environment I feel comfortable in. In an environment where sharing among all members is prized and seen as a badge of honour. A caring and compassionate setting which is what WDC is all about.

© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949216-Online-Persona