*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949105-Survival-On-A-Desert-Island
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#949105 added January 7, 2019 at 3:04pm
Restrictions: None
Survival On A Desert Island
30 Day Blogging Challenge

You and several friends are marooned on a desert island. Everyone is looking to you to lead. What are your first actions? (List at least 2 please) Sum1 will award a MB for his favorite entry today.

Frist of all, I have to say, being marooned on a desert Island today would be okay. I would gladly part with the wind chill and freezing rain. Nasty day. Desert Island - sun, sand and surf. Much better.

So if everyone is looking towards me to lead... I am thinking we need to consider our resources. We need to build shelter and find food and water. We need protection and the shelter will give us that. Get us out of the blaring sun and up off the sand, if at all possible.

What are our options for food - fish and coconuts? We need to figure out a way to fish... maybe sharpen some sticks and wade out into the surf to spear some tasty morsels.

Does anyone know how to start a fire without matches? One of my friends was a Girl Guide and she payed attention so I think we have that covered. I will try my hand at fishing after I help build the shelter with my other friend.

Once we get a home base set up, we can explore a little. See what kind of food we can scavenge for - berries, coconuts.... anything edible and not poisonous. And is there a fresh water source anywhere on the island? If not we'll have to rig up some kind of system to capture water when it rains.

Things will take time, but if we remain calm, we should be all right.

© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949105-Survival-On-A-Desert-Island