*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949495-Ohter-Talents-and-Dinner-with-The-Queen
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#949495 added January 12, 2019 at 1:02pm
Restrictions: None
Ohter Talents and Dinner with The Queen
30 Day Blogging Challenge

Besides the craft of writing, are you an artist in any other medium? Sculptor, singer, dancer, painter? Share a story about your talent! Aaaannnnd... I’ll be awarding another MB this Creation Saturday!
I also like to sing and dance and draw, but that is for my own interests and not much beyond. Years ago I sketched a student with Rett's Syndrome that had fallen asleep on me during and activity. I was working as an Educational Assistant at the time, so I sat beside her and sketched her holding her bear. She was twelve at the time. Later I sent a copy of it home to her family. That young lady has since passed away (just before her 21st birthday). I still have a copy of that drawing which I cherish as much or more than any of the actual pictures I have of her. She was a sweetie.

In that same class, I used to draw pictures for the students to colour. They would listen to a story with a tape and I would sit beside them and sketch a scene from the story. Later I would photocopy the drawing and let them colour it. It was seriously fun.

As for the singing and dancing. That is strictly for my own benefit.... and not for public eyes or ears. I will not be trying out for So You Think You Can Dance or American Idol anytime soon. Be thankful for that.

Blog City - Day 1853

Dinner with Queen Elizabeth or Stephen King. Which one would you enjoy dining with and why? You can only ask one personal question, what’s it going to be?
I had a conversation with some of the people around me in my Saturday morning writing group and they all thought the Queen would be far more interesting.... and you'd get a better meal.

I had initially thought Stephen King... but given that I don't like horror fiction and I have read his writing book, On Writing, and seen YouTube videos of him, I am thinking the Queen might be a better bet. There is not as much personal stuff out there about her. And privately she may be really quite interesting. She probably wouldn't be prone to swearing either. Besides going to England would be better than going to the States.

I'd enjoy a tour of Windsor castle. And I might even get a to see the grandchildren or even the great grandchildren - the future King.


© Copyright 2019 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949495-Ohter-Talents-and-Dinner-with-The-Queen