*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950170-Greatness-Without-Threat-of-Discrimination
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#950170 added January 21, 2019 at 9:30pm
Restrictions: None
Greatness Without Threat of Discrimination
30 Day Blogging Challenge

Today in the US is Martin Luther King Day, a federal holiday celebrating the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr., a civil rights activist best known for advancing civil rights through nonviolence and civil disobedience. In August of 1953, King delivered his famous speech “I Have a Dream” calling for civil and economic equality for all Americans and the end of racism. On this Motivational Monday, write a speech advocating for something you’re passionate about and use the phrase “I have a dream” in your entry.

Interesting how I considered this as my event from history to see...

"I Have a Dream". And my dream is for.... each person to be able to reach their potential without risk of discrimination. The best person for the position should not be based on anything but talent and ability.

Race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age... none of those things should impede a person from reaching their goals so long as they are willing to be positive role models for the next generation. No one should be locked out of a dream because they don't fit the stereotype or the expectation.

We need to get rid of those stereotypical ways of thinking that curtail greatness. Those ways of thinking are limiting and take away from the human experience.

Greatness can happen if we accept each other as capable human beings, not with labels that define us in terms of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or any other limiting thinking out there.

© Copyright 2019 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950170-Greatness-Without-Threat-of-Discrimination