*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950727-The-Weather
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#950727 added January 29, 2019 at 9:54pm
Restrictions: None
The Weather....
30 Day Blogging Challenge

Allow me to share this quote regarding my local weather this week: โ€Dangerous wind chills of -45 degrees F (-43 C) to -65 degrees F (-54 C) are expected for most of the period from Tuesday night through Thursday morning. This is a life-threatening situation...โ€ etcetera, etcetera... stay inside... frostbite... etcetera.

My question for you has two parts: What is the worst weather youโ€™ve experienced? And what is your ideal weather?


We had wind chills of -32 degrees C yesterday.... but by 10 pm it was -5 degrees C. I went out and shoveled without a coat.... but then I am partially nuts. There was no wind chill so I was 'balmy'.

-20 degrees C and the students can't go outside. -35 degrees C and they cancel the buses. -40 degrees and they close the schools.
Tomorrow is supposed to have a wind chill of -32 degrees C... but by Sunday it will be +2 degrees C. Welcome to a Canadian weather! Or rather Southern Ontario Canadian weather.

As for the worst weather.... I would have to say the day they closed the school in the northern Ontario town I lived in. I had to walk backwards in order to breath and when I got to school I realized they were closed. They had never done that before. I had to walk back home. My mom made it all the way to work before finding her office had also closed. Served us right for not listening to the local radio station. We were probably the only two people walking around outside that day. I can't seem to find the actual details. The historical weather only goes back to 2009 and this day I remember was around 1975 or so.

Ideal weather.... not super hot, but not chilly either. I'd say sunny and warm with a temperature of around 24 or 25 without a humidex. The perfect summer day.... or even a spring or fall.

© Copyright 2019 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950727-The-Weather