*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951197-I-Hope-You-Dance
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#951197 added February 4, 2019 at 10:46pm
Restrictions: None
I Hope You Dance
Soundtrack Of My Life

Raw Emotions week...
So today is February 4. I am enjoying listening to all this great music. The hard part is picking only one song for each day. So after some thought, I decided to go with this one:

I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack


No sitting on the sidelines... get up and dance. I love the words to this song. I also love Lee Ann Womack's voice. I also enjoy singing the lyrics to this song at full volume.


“I Hope You Dance” was written by Tia Sillers and Mark Sanders.
Sillers explained that she was going through a painful divorce when she wrote this song. Said Sillers: “For ‘I Hope You Dance,’ I had written the opening line, ‘I hope you never lose your sense of wonder. I had just broken up with someone, going through a brutal divorce. I needed to get away, so I went to a beach on the Florida Gulf Coast. Sitting on the beach and reflecting about the breakup, I felt so small and inconsequential. But out of this difficult time came the inspiration to write ‘I Hope You Dance.’ As I was leaving the beach, I remember thinking that things weren’t really so bad, that I would get through it. That’s when I came up with the line, ‘I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean.'”
This song is about taking chances and not being afraid to try something new. That speaks to me.

https://robynnscorner.949starcountry.com/story-behind/may-21-2015-story-behind-i...

© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951197-I-Hope-You-Dance