*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954610-Austin-Texas
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#954610 added March 19, 2019 at 7:45pm
Restrictions: None
Austin, Texas
Date: Week of March 11th


Locale: Austin, Texas


         This week finds me in Austin, Texas delivering about the same class I delivered in Quebec last week.  Fortunately, it wasn't near as cold in Austin as it was in Quebec!


         All went well in delivering the class, I was able to answer every question they asked, and helped them with some things they hadn't been able to do before.  The firrst day of the class started off a bit different though.

         I had driven to the training site when I arrived Monday, and as expected, it was a huge place.  So I called my customer contact and left him a voice mail asking where to be in the morning.  He never returned my call until the following morning as I was leaving the hotel.  It was then that I found out that the training site wasn't where the documentation had said it would be.  I groaned, because I was afraid it would be somewhere pretty far away.  You know Texas is a small state  *Smirk* , so it shouldn't have been too hard to get there.  It turned out the the training site was a 45 minute drive from my hotel...  Oh well, things could be worse, huh.

         I think Austin's a nice city, but it's getting bigger with each passing year.  Plus, while I was there, a convention of some type was going on.  Add to it that apparently Austin is a place quite a few people go to on spring break!  That made it crowded, and with all the road construction going on, it made driving any where a real chore.  Again, things could be a lot worse...  Besides, there was so many good restaurants near me that I could have been there a month!  I would have gained quite a bit of weight too, lol.


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Roaring Fork          http://roaringfork.com/menus/RFSL_MenuDinner.pdf  This place was so good the first time that I went back for seconds.  *Smile*  Their 'Fried Avocado and Crab' was excellent, as was the 'Kettle of Green Chile Pork'.  Can you say Yummm??



In Closing

         This week (week of March 18), I am in Schaumburg cross-training my former manager on a new course (for him).  Things might get a bit busier for us with a couple of instructors unable to travel for one reason or another.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2019 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954610-Austin-Texas