*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958648-2019510-Someones-blog
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#958648 added May 9, 2019 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
2019年5月10日: Someone's blog
Well let's talk about someone (Sum1?) who is constantly getting his wires crossed or uncrossed or maybe it's chip and programs and what-not. The technology is so beyond me.

And let's not forget to mention those road trips of wine and roses (or was that food poisoning?) as he traipses across the country four wheels on the ground and get-out-of-his-way. He knows I-70, I-80, I-90 and how to rest at home (occasionally).

He's even known to take a plane!

To places like Montrose (does it really REALLY exist?) I'll take his word. No one goes through airport after airport just to make it up.

If I had a car... I could be like him!

Well, I couldn't straighten out clients heads after they've... we won't go there... And wires and electronics and systems confuse me.

So, Happy Birthday to Someone (Sum1). *Whistle*

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: wrote, walked across the bridge to a reading.
IMAGES: warm sun, cold breeze; scent of lilacs in bloom; red sand in the sidewalk cracks; 20 gathered to hear Amy read her prose poems; shrimp with remoulade and cocktail sauce; lemon cookie; low temp (96.9º).
NEW BLOGVILLE: Just slogging my way around the small bloggy town. Seems to be wet most places. Could it be Spring?

Thor - the other brother

I am the good boy.

Always the one they never worry about.

Smash.
Game over.
Watch the glass!

Darryl sure knows how to dunk. He just doesn't know how to control his body. All 300 pounds of it. And he has a bad habit of hanging onto the rim. Our parents never allow him to play barefoot. Too much glass. They never talk about the price of shoes or how he wears them out.

At least he doesn't lose them like his big brother Brad who's allergic to footwear... and clothes in general.

I am the other brother.

No one talks about me. I keep Brad in line best I can. I just stay out of the way of Darryl and later clean up the mess.

Sports run in our family. Literally. Grandma runs the marathon and grandpa would if he weren't dead. Dad rows his boat and Mother just floats with a piña colada in a frosted glass... when she isn't doing laps. Brad likes to wrestle. Darryl too when he doesn't have a b-ball game.

I play the flute. Quietly. After I've finished my archery lessons. No one watches. I'm not very good. But at least I don't break anything and I know how to keep my clothes on! My brothers call me Robinhood. I'm so NOT. I've been far too ugly for far too long.

By-the-way, I'm Thor. I want you to know that everyone always gets my story all upside down.

I was the good boy.

The one they never worried about.

Until it all went wrong.

© Kåre Enga (9.mayo.2019) [176.75]
101.695

© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958648-2019510-Someones-blog