*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960060-What-is-the-weight-of-things---
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#960060 added June 3, 2019 at 2:37am
Restrictions: None
What is the weight of things? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What is the weight of things? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My body weight fluctuates. I lose while I travel. I gain at home. My aunt has weighed 107 pounds all her life. She's 90.

I never throw away clothes that are momentarily too big or too small.

Apparently even the weight of a kilogram changes.

But who measures the weight of a mental or emotion burden. What is the proper unit to express that in. And how does this relate to one who bears it?

Can one predict when too much is too much. Other than saying after the fact:

They're broken.

My ability to carry my own weight, both physical and emotional has varied. I'm not as steady nor stoic as my aunt. I've been as skinny as a rail. I've been borderline obese. And worse of all, I've been broken.

I feel for everyone dealing with the issues of weight, especially the weight of burdens. Their pain emanates and I vibrate sympathetically. Even community pain is difficult. Specific pain, like the suicide of a teenager, I find unbearable.

Many people delight in horror shows, watch shootings and car crashes in gleeful or terrified anticipation. I don't go to movies much, seldom watch TV.

The weight of the real World is far too much.

I sit at home mending my brokenness. I travel mending my brokenness. My journey is one of putting back the pieces of that brokenness.

Peace, Kåre
2.juni.2019

Today's blog was inspired by Robert Waltz. 102.338 views

© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960060-What-is-the-weight-of-things---