*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973452-Commitment-means-commitment
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#973452 added January 15, 2020 at 11:02am
Restrictions: None
Commitment means commitment!
Write your entry today about commitment. Committing to an activity, craft, person, way of being, etc. Consider the concepts of diligence, honesty, and responsibility. What does commitment look like to you?


Commitment at my age is mostly to volunteer work, and I take it as seriously as I do any work. I'm full in when I commit. That means no procrastinating, and no side-stepping, doing the job (work) to the very best of my ability.

I was a bookkeeper for a large part of my working life and so when my writing group needed a treasurer in 2013, I volunteered. Though I had no experience with non-profits, research and reading kept me abreast of current requirements. When I took over, the group had lost its Federal non-profit status because the previous treasurer neglected to file the appropriate yearly reports. I succeeded in getting reinstatement and continued to serve for almost 6 years. Sometimes volunteering is more stressful and burdensome than regular work, but most of the time I enjoyed holding the position.

So that's what commitment looks like to me.

© Copyright 2020 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973452-Commitment-means-commitment