*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975963-Undrunk
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#975963 added February 20, 2020 at 2:48pm
Restrictions: None
Undrunk
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | DAY 9

"Undrunk" by FLETCHER




Is it blasphemous to follow up a Christian music entry with a song that makes blatant use of the f-word and references to masturbation in the chorus, as well as frequent references to drugs and alcohol?


Oh well, I'm doing it anyway.

FLETCHER is an artist that I found on one of those random "new music" iTunes playlists early in 2019, and this song immediately caught my attention. There's a certain elegiac quality to her voice and this song's beat and lyrics that just kind of flows together. This was her first breakthrough single and her first single to chart on the Billboard Hot 100, and I can definitely understand why. The language and the content make it difficult to really hit as one of those universally-applicable breakup songs, but I think it's specific enough that the tone and the emotion of the song will really resonate with a more specific audience.

To date, FLETCHER has only released a handful of singles and two EPs, and I'd definitely be interested in seeing what a full album from her sounds like. I think she has the talent to make something really special. Am I basing that off of one song? Yes. But do I believe it? Also yes.

© Copyright 2020 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975963-Undrunk