*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976646-Summers--officially-over-Day-one-30DBC
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#976646 added March 1, 2020 at 12:16am
Restrictions: None
Summer’s officially over. Day one 30DBC
Welcome everyone to a new month of the 30 day blogging challenge.
My intention was to keep writing something every day after the January challenge but as this is my first entry here since then, it seems I need this stimulus to entice me to write here.

Today is March 1st, delayed because of the extra February day we were given this year.
I found it frustrating as I yearn for March 1st each year, because that day signifies the official start to Autumn here in Australia.
I would not be the only one who is happy to see the end of summer 2019/20. We have experienced record high temperatures and heartbreaking fires throughout this great country.

An interesting fact. There is only one person known to have been born and also died, on the 29th February. His name was Sir Charles Milne Wilson. Born February 29th 1812, and died February 29th 1880. He was premier of Tasmania for several years. Sure was an auspicious date for him!

I spent my few extra given hours with my travel agent. The flight I was booked on to go to the UK in May has been cancelled owing to the Corona virus. The agency was packed with people full of question regarding travel, cancellations and insurance. We are playing the waiting game to see what eventuates. The stores have sold out of hand sanitizer and face masks. Should have bought shares in the companies which sell these products!








© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976646-Summers--officially-over-Day-one-30DBC