*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978796-Hello-Everyone
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#978796 added March 22, 2020 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
Hello Everyone!
Hello PEEP's...

On the road to recovery. I can say one thing I'm so glad that it was the flu and not anything else. Although it did kick my butt! May I say that being quarantined is nothing new for auto-immune patients, especially during the flu season. The only thing that sucks is that you don't get all the supplies that you need. You have to settle for compromising items that can do you harm or do without it. Which at this time, I'm doing great as supplies are concerned. If this lasts longer than expected, I will need more of my daily medications and some food. Hopefully, those will be in supply, unlike toilet paper, that is.

I have spoken to several family members who tell me that it is terrible in their areas of the country as well. I did have one family member who said to me that they had broken down when they had gone to Walmart to get supplies. He has three children, and it hit him after dealing with people for a week. He was working retail himself and was preparing his store for closure and finally received his paycheck to go shopping for supplies. The shelves were bare like never seen before. He described to me what he saw and it was a devastating sight to see. The tears spilled down my cheeks as it hit hard of how dangerous the situation is for our country. He calmed me with words of encouragement and love.

When life gets real, it can slap you in the face. The hard reality that we are faced with in our country is hardcore. Things that we as Americans have really never faced since the depression. Although we have had moments in our lives that we question the things around us, but, this is on a grand scale that we haven't yet comprehended.

We have another opportunity to get things right in our country. We, as Americans, have always been an example of our strength. When we were attacked in 2001, we banded together and helped one another. We didn't hold things from each other. I know "Dog eat Dog," but it doesn't have to be!

We all need to remember that all are watching us, and our panic is not helping us out. We need to do as instructed by our officials to break this virus that has attacked us—a strategy of sorts, you might say. We are in a battle for survival in the United States, and the only way is to unite together as our ancestors did. By showing, how we take care of each other and not fighting amongst ourselves. STAND STRONG, even if we are quarantined, by abiding by the rules. Keep your heads and think before reacting to fear.

This virus is a great enemy that can be beaten as long as we stick together and take care of one another. Check on your neighbors, making sure they are doing well. You don't have to socialize with them; you can text or call them. We need to step up and take care of one another. My landlord texted me today, she checked on me, making sure I was well and to let me know if I need anything that they will be here for me. They live 40 miles away from me, and I was touched that they offered to help me if I need someone to run for supplies. I have no family here and have relied on friends for the past 8 months.

I hope ya'll are well and have supplies and check on each other. This is a long road for us, but I know God willing, we will make it through to the end.

May you enjoy your loved ones and cherish the memories that can make us strong again as families and a nation. God bless all of you and may we keep in touch with one another. Know that I have grown to love all of you and cherish each of you. Love and hugzzzz to you and yours. *Hug* *Heart* *Hug*


Let your creativity flow,

Double trouble

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978796-Hello-Everyone