*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982709-Whats-to-eat
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#982709 added May 4, 2020 at 5:00am
Restrictions: None
What’s to eat?
PROMPT May 4th

Describe your cooking or baking ability. What was the last thing you cooked/baked that you were proud of? Are you a recipe-follower or freestyler?

I’m renowned for my fruit cake. I take it wherever a cake is called for/requested. Actually it’s the easiest recipe ever, foolproof and delicious but I keep that a secret.
I used to cook much more than I do now. Feeding a family of five took up a lot of time and effort. Now feeding just the two of us is much easier. I usually veer off the recipe rules, substituting something else for a missing ingredient. There have been a few disasters but overall not that many. The one thing I’ve never had success with is bread making.Since Coved 19 people have decided they all are master bakers. Sourdough is the IN thing. Of course that caused a run on flour supplies, then people realised the importance of yeast which was nearly impossible to get hold of. There must be tons of flour sitting in cupboards all over Australia just waiting for the weevil invasion. We eat our rarely, even when that was possible, I begrudge paying top dollar for something I could have made at home.

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982709-Whats-to-eat