*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983129-Whats-the-truth
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#983129 added May 9, 2020 at 5:38am
Restrictions: None
What’s the truth?
PROMPT May 9th

Choose an event in your life that someone else remembers differently. Describe both memories and debate the differences. Who do you think is right? Why do you think you remember it differently?

I can’t bring to mind an actual event that I recall differently to anyone else. However I can understand why this may happen. It’s all to do with perspective.
The only example I can give is the way my husband and his brothers viewed their father for instance. There were four sons and each one tell stories of their father, anecdotes in which they were involved and every view is different. Was this the same man we’re talking about? I think it all came down to how the father interacted with each son. John being the eldest bore the brunt of bad temper, expectations and responsibilities. The next two boys dealt with their father in totally different ways. William kept his head down and Chris rebelled. The youngest, Peter was brought up to be the apple of his father’s eye and never believed anything said about their father that was the least disparaging. Yet these were brothers, raised by the same parent in the same house.
How is this possible?

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983129-Whats-the-truth