*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983683-Ghost-dog
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#983683 added May 16, 2020 at 1:01am
Restrictions: None
Ghost dog
PROMPT May 16th

Do you believe in ghosts or other supernatural entities? Have you ever experienced something you could not explain?

I actually have never believed in ghosts and yet that strong belief I have that there are no such things was shaken a few years ago. Even now I try to rationalise the experience but find it hard to explain.
My husband and I were on vacation having left our beautiful dog in the care of our daughter. We had a call to tell us that Mitzy had been killed in an accident. We were devastated obviously because we never got to say goodbye.
We arrived home and it was then the reality hit me. She wasn’t there to greet us.
I was so sad. I decided to go for the usual walk Mitzy and I would go every afternoon at the same time. It was winter and getting dark early. There was a mist and it was very quiet un the woods as I walked along thinking about this precious animal I’d rescued six years earlier from an abusive situation. It had taken so much love and care for her to learn to trust.
I looked up as I heard something and out of the mist came a dog. She looked just like Mitzy the same distinctive markings. I called out, I was shocked and thought I was hallucinating. But this dog came closer until I could touch her. I spoke to her and asked “is it really you?” Then she turned and disappeared into the mist.
I suppose it could have been a random German Shorthaired Pointer but I’ve never seen that dog again andI walk there still every day with my new dog.
Was it truly Mitzy come to say goodbye?

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983683-Ghost-dog