*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984507-Filling-the-Well--Defining-my-Creative-Identity
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#984507 added May 28, 2020 at 6:54pm
Restrictions: None
Filling the Well & Defining my Creative Identity
30 Day Blogging Challenge

PROMPT May 28th
Help me fill the Challenge War Chest with new prompts! In your entry today, write at least three prompts to be used in future rounds of the 30DBC. Then, write the rest of your entry using one of your own prompts.

Time to refill the well.

Today I am reading Build Your Best Writing Life by Kristen Kieffer and I am working on defining my creative identity. One of her chapters asks: Who are you as a Writer? To help you work on defining this consider these three questions: What kind of stories do you want to tell? Who are you writing for? And What defines your personal writing style and voice?

This could probably be more than one prompt or all three, but I will let you decide how to break it down. For me, I spent my day working it out. What did I come up with... well, in a nutshell:

I write upmarket woman's fiction with a redemptive quality that features misguided women who, when faced with the cracks of their current life situation, find confidence and a sense of love and belonging when they shed their past in search of their true place in the world.

I also write inspiring poetry and blogs that explore the wonders and bits of life that uplift me.


I write upmarket women's fiction for people who enjoy lighthearted and humourous character-driven stories where romance and a sense of belonging are favoured as they grapple with finding a new normal after their world has been turned upside down.

Not sure which of these I like, but one of them will make it to my website in the very near future. The poetry and blog comment I may leave as is.... unless anyone feels inclined to comment. Feedback is always helpful so long as its constructive and I find my friends here on WDC are quite helpful that way.

For a couple of other prompts:
Who are the writers you admire? Why? What have they taught you about writing?

Do you see yourself as a meditative person or tightly wound? Type A or Type B?


© Copyright 2020 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984507-Filling-the-Well--Defining-my-Creative-Identity