*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989167-Judgement-time
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#989167 added July 26, 2020 at 6:56am
Restrictions: None
Judgement time.
PROMPT July 26th

What food would you like to judge in a Cook-Off?

I’ve been watching MasterChef over the last few weeks and have been in awe of the amazing talent of the chefs. I don’t actually feel as I have the right to stand in judgement of anyone’s culinary attempts. I love watching the judges as they taste the tiny portions and my mouth waters.
I am very particular about the way fish is cooked though, so maybe I could be a judge in the fish and chip category. The chips need to be crisp and the fish’s batter thin and melt in your mouth. There’s nothing worse that really thick floury batter. Food should be hot not luke warm, likewise if it’s supposed to chilled then it should be really cold not room temperature..
Kids are the harshest judges I have found. When you present the meal you’ve spent the best part of the day preparing, first they look at it, then poke it with their fork, smell it, take a tiny taste and declare they don’t like it! Then they’ll ask for a sandwich!

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989167-Judgement-time