*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991027-Tanzania
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#991027 added August 17, 2020 at 3:52pm
Restrictions: None
Tanzania
Day 17 Arusha, Tanzania
         
         
         
         
         What a fantastic, original way to greet the new day! At dawn, we gathered in a Serengeti field to witness the awakening of the immense hot air balloons. They stretched and languidly stood upright revealing their bright colours. They billowed and tugged at their anchors, eager to be released. I sipped hot tea as I watched the preparations . The air buzzed with anticipation and I chatted with several fellow adventurers.
         When at long last we were ready to begin our flights, the smiling crew assisted us to climb into the baskets. We all wore expectant grins and no one dared to blink as the balloons rose into the sky with whooshes and roars. Our ascent felt smooth and effortless. We soared. We glided. We floated.
                   Oh, the sunrise exploded across the sky in an immense burst of gold. Many of us gasped in wonder. Soon we were pointing and staring at the lush green plains below us. Herds of elephants lumbered as one mass. Distinctive zebra kicked up their hooves. Lions stretched out on rocky outcrops. Giraffe trotted about and cavorted. Rhino splashed. Leopards raced. We were suspended in the best aerial seats watching a wildlife theatre in the Serengeti. Now, this is the ultimate safari.
         Already full of awe, we alit next to a clearing set with tables and chairs for our bush breakie. Pleasantly surprised, I noticed china, glassware, tablecloths, cloth napkins and silverware. This would be unlike any camp meal I'd experienced. There were even friendly attentive servers. All of this in the Serengeti bush? WOW!
         I returned to the Arusha Serena Hotel and Resort Spa feeling sated. My eyes and stomach had feasted well. I set out to explore this piece of paradise set in a "traditional coffee estate in the majestic environs of snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro." I strolled through the lush, gorgeous garden overlooking Lake Duluti. Delighted I espied beautiful birds, the African Green Pigeon and the Silver-Cheeked Hornbill.
         Wishing to sit, relax, and absorb the scenery, I ensconced myself on a terrace and ordered coffee. This is a wondrous setting for quiet contemplation.

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991027-Tanzania