*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993693-Ginsberg-dies-and-America-shudders
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#993693 added September 19, 2020 at 11:13pm
Restrictions: None
Ginsberg dies and America shudders
May her memory be a blessing.

But before then blood will drip. It's already begun.

“Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” -Ruth Bader Ginsburg

I told WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 : My street-fighting days never were. Working on causes? For more than 20 years but I burned out. When I was homeless life became survival. Afterwards I tried to focus a bit more on myself and traveled. Now the cocktail of smoke and covid has shrunk my world considerably.

That quote... my take on it... we all stand up for what we believe (to greater or lesser extent) but we can choose to provide light that shows others the way or decide to throw flames like a dragon and send them scurrying.

"You can catch more flies with honey" comes to mind.

Challenged by Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love in "Invalid Entry to come up with other leaders who did things the right way, I responded: Gandhi and Mandela come to mind of course. Gandhi for peaceful resistence. Mandela for reconciliation. They both had a worldwide impact.

Eleanor Roosevelt championed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights but there were others as well, including many women:

https://www.un.org/en/observances/human-rights-day/women-who-shaped-the-universa...

Most artists, scientists and teachers aren't known as great leaders but they inspire people daily and add to the fabric of humanity that we call civilization.

I wrote Charlie ~ “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.” RBG

Not going to happen. The blood has already begun to flow. McConnell and reportedly Ernst of Iowa are licking their chops.

And it might work because DJT definitely needs a diversion from his tirades and downright ignorance and stupidity. The court issue was very important to the Right in 2016 while the Left just pissed on each other rather than unite.

Will this ignite both sides? We'll see. But blood will flow. Of that I'm sure.

I mentioned to Lazy Writer est 4/24/2008 re free time: "I have had all the time ... for years. I traveled a lot. Now with covid I go nowhere (no car) and with 6 days of heavy smoke I haven't even gone outside. Maybe in the morning if it rains.

Do I accomplish anything? Define that!

When I was 8 my grandmother was the age I am now and kept very busy. My grandfather seemed active as well. Me? I don't have that spousal support nor grandchildren to visit nor family living around the corner.

Sometimes I just want to nap."

A blog of blog posts? Why not? Works for me sometimes. I'll add on later after I get up and actually do something!

After midnight: AQI up to 161. 17 degrees and still waiting for rain. It's brutal.


At least Cubbee has some great news "I should be celebrating! I somehow missed. I have no great news to offer in return. As a fellow Hufflepuff I should. At times I withdraw like Eeyore.

Noonish. It's raining ... or at least it's wet. I'm waiting for the AQI to come down; not yet.


Prosperous Snow celebrating has written a prayer for Ruth Bader Ginsberg in "Ruth Bader Ginsburg in response to "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt: "My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent." Ruth Bader Ginsburg

In response to the quote:

I tend to shun joining groups. I'm not a good groupie at all. (Group contests here at WDC don't work well for me.) But being independent is something beyond that. I'm quite aware that I don't survive without societal support.

And yet to many my mere existence is horrible. I'm supposed to become invisible and be grateful for the scraps. I'm supposed to be silent to not bring down lightning and wrath. Yet I resist. I persist.

I come from deep pain and wounds that haven't healed and resonate with others who are wounded. We wounded lean on each other, support each other, shield each other. Our wounds have given us empathy.

As rabid as I may seem at times about current events I'm not a party partisan. I won't tolerate utter nonsense and lies from my friends. Don't expect me to put up with it from others. I will not kiss your ass. I do have to remind myself that it isn't polite to kick it.

I'm very opinionated. I'm not always right. As a child I was a very shy chatter-box; still am in some ways. Now I will shout if necessary. But I should think more often before I speak. Is it true? Is it kind? (If it doesn't help, should I just keep my mouth shut.) I wish we had a leader who could ask that of themselves.


AQI is down to 74 ... which is moderate. Opened my window. 13° damp and steady. No heat what-so-ever today. I should grocery-shop this evening. I can see the far mountains and individual clouds. 6 days of white skies...

Groceries will include bread and coffee. I fried up bologna and spinach and stirred in two eggs so I'm not hungry. Last night I mixed peanut butter and lemon curd. I am quite capable of coming up with something. Eating neglected dry-goods and cans of this-and-that isn't going to kill me. *Smile*


What does a ping mean to you? As THANKFUL SONALI Now What? states .
in "Ping "I'm not a person, I'm just a ping in queue."


Sure feels like it! I have an incoming email here at the moment. Is it an award! A comment! A response! Is it an announcement? Or maybe just some spam going to 'trash'? It pings at me regardless.

When did I become so attractive, such an object of the ether's obsession? *Laugh*

The AQI is down. About 63 when I walked to the store. I didn't need to wear my mask. The moist air and faint smoke felt very much like autumn.

In the store I wore my mask, of course. 293 new cases is our covid-count. Quite a few locally. Highest daily number ever. To put that in Florida terms (since FL has about 20x our population) that would be comparable to 5,800 cases, which is a higher rate than Florida has had since August 15th.

The increases in South Dakota and North Dakota after August 27th are notable (not as much in Montana or Wyoming). Sturgis Rally was August 6-15 and what effect that may have had can be debated.

So... the bars are open for partying. Will they shut them down?

As for groceries... remembered to buy bread and coffee. Cottage cheese was on sale! Saw my neighbor Bri and a friend of hers there but that was all.

Saw some vermillion berries in the alley on the way there. Took pics. Flowers look ragged this time of year but we haven't even had a frost yet. Been very dry. The sprinkles may help.

2,919

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993693-Ginsberg-dies-and-America-shudders