*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995256-October-7-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#995256 added October 7, 2020 at 9:27am
Restrictions: None
October 7, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Created by the talented A. E. Willcox at Flights of Fantasy Image ShoppeImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small


An image for the forum Prompt: "Cruising through the galaxy writing.com today I came upon a familiar and beautiful star named (995)

This star is orbited by a number of ports. One of those ports is


BOOK
52 Weeks of Torture (ASR)
Because the road to insanity is paved with form poetry.
#2190165 by (995)


The caption reads: "The road to insanity is paved with form poetry."

Write about this road to insanity."

First of all, I have to make a distinction between insanity and mental illness. Many people have mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia who are perfectly sane. Insanity is not a result of mental illness. Insanity is usually the result of poor choices. All of us are only a few bad choices from insanity. In the Holy Bible, insanity came upon King Saul when he made a choice to disobey God and God withdrew from him. Insanity then is the state of not being in communion and fellowship with God.

A signature for my blog Prompt: I am sure a blog prompt was sent out last night. I just can't find it in my email. If one was not sent, answer this:

All Hallows Eve was a pagan holiday honoring the dead. The pagans believed that the veil between life and death is weakest around the fall equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the Spring Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere. Pagans who became Christians wanted to continue to honor their dead so the Catholic church at that time adopted this holiday and called it All Saints Eve. Do you feel it is okay to do so?

I sometimes celebrate Halloween and sometimes not. It depends on the mood I am in. I do feel it is a pagan holiday and as a Christian, I feel it is compromising with sin. On the other hand, I am a chaplain. As a chaplain it is my job to welcome people of all faiths and show them the love and presence of Christ. If I can do that by adopting some spooky name temporarily or handing out candy to children, then I am willing to do that.


Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "What fun things are you exploring on WDC this month? Have you done them before or are they new to you? What would you recommend ? Why?


I am not really exploring anything new. I am pretty busy with my own groups. However, I am glad you asked about recommendations. I would like to recommend my groups
 
FORUM
Space Blog  (ASR)
Cruising WDC cyberspace and raiding ports for blog prompts!
#2223838 by Sharmelle's Expressions
and
FORUM
Take up Your Cross  (E)
This will be a daily blog forum.
#2225667 by Chris Breva
 
FORUM
Space Blog  (ASR)
Cruising WDC cyberspace and raiding ports for blog prompts!
#2223838 by Sharmelle's Expressions
is a group that raids a WDC authors port and borrows a line or an item for a prompt. We then try to review that author sometime that day. I have been entirely too busy to review anything, but I give double credits to those who do review. Come and join us. Affiliate your reviews with us and get points. Have fun blogging at the same time.

FORUM
Take up Your Cross  (E)
This will be a daily blog forum.
#2225667 by Chris Breva
is a daily Bible study or Christian blog. If you like Bible studies shoot me a message and I'll sign you up. We don't do reviews.

Blog City image small "Prompt: But a book is only the heart's portrait-every page a pulse. Emily Dickinson Use this quote in your Blog entry today."

I was never a big Dickinson fan. I always thought she spoke in riddles. This quote is a prime example.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995256-October-7-2020