*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995877-Jewels-are-not-always-worn
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#995877 added October 14, 2020 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
Jewels are not always worn
signature dancing owl

Write about a piece of jewelry that has special significance to you.

I have several pieces of jewelry that remind me of special times in life. Three of them were bought for me by my daughter.

My daughter and I were at a college type flea market. There was a ring there I really liked. It had a ridiculously low price tag on it. The price was so low I actually quizzed the dealer to make sure I was reading it right. Assured of the price I started counting all my change and came up a couple dollars short. My daughter chipped in and we came up with the proper amount.

I think the ring was actually made for a man. I cut the band and sized it down to fit my finger. It fits my finger well.

On the ring there is a figure of an eagles nest. There are eggs in the nest. An Eagle in flight is landing on the edge of the nest. It is a striking scene. Since I never had a graduation ring from the college I consider this my signature graduation ring. The ring is made of pewter.

My oldest son gave me a pewter book mark. I really liked it and used it constantly but, it was stolen. My youngest son brought me a metal designer book mark from a vacation he took. Although they aren’t exactly jewelry they are special and something I use often.

I have many pieces of jewelry that were given me by family members at different times in life that remind me of different life events.


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995877-Jewels-are-not-always-worn