*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997366-Reassurance
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#997366 added November 1, 2020 at 6:25am
Restrictions: None
Reassurance
PROMPT November 1st

Write about something you want. Pick something that you don’t necessarily need, but would make you happy simply to have.

Well, last Friday, I was recalled for further investigation after a mammogram I’d had on the Monday. This sounded ominous.
I needed to be at the hospital before eight am, as they wanted time to do all the further tests before I saw the doc who was going to discharge me until next year.
To recap I’ve already done a dance with breast cancer and did not under any circumstances want to do another.
I had an initial meeting with the overseeing doctor of the day. She said that I was here for further investigation on my left breast. I questioned this as I’d never previously had anything wrong with that breast.
So when I found out it was both breasts they were concerned about, I told them what the doc had said. “Oh, she hasn’t read our report properly.” I was informed.

After four hours of numerous 3D mammograms, ultrasounds and even more doctors being called in to view BOTH breasts I was informed they still weren’t sure. But I could go home and if they needed to see me again then I would receive a call. I said “okay” and went to get changed out of the gown and into my own clothes to get the hell out of there.
Then before I had chance to leave, I was told by the doc whose job was to see patients before and after the investigations, that they were “happy” and “see you next year!“

What I want is reassurance. I left there feeling uncertain and doubtful.
I’m going to call the Breast Clinic in a few days and let them know how I’m feeling.
I know we’re so fortunate to get all those expensive tests done for nothing. I’m not complaining.
But...The job of that doctor is to greet the patient and explain what was going to happen and why.

After four hours of being poked and prodded by many different people, who at times sighed and left me wondering what they could see, I simply needed an explanation about what it was they were suspecting. Instead I got the feeling she was ready for lunch and simply needed me out of there.

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997366-Reassurance