*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998878-Theatre-moments
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#998878 added November 22, 2020 at 4:38am
Restrictions: None
Theatre moments
PROMPT November 22nd

Write about a moving performance you’ve witnessed. Consider musicals, theatre performances, dances, operas, orchestras, etc. Why did it have an impact on you?

Well I’ve seen hundreds of musicals in my life. I love the genre. Movies or theatre.
The first ones I remember as a youngster would have been the Rogers and Hammerstein musicals. The King and I was my absolute favourite. I fell in love with Yul Bryner in his role as the king of Siam. Fifteen year old sigh.
I cried in Carousel when Billy died. I still know all the words to ‘My boy Bill’
Later on there was High Society with Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly.

Then came the stage shows. Jesus Christ Super Star was the best musical on stage I’d ever seen. Since then I’ve just about seen them all.

But the most moving of all was watching my Granddaughter Beth. She was a student at the West Australia Academy of Performing Arts. Seeing her on stage in the musical, Chicago, was one of my proudest, emotional moments of my life.

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998878-Theatre-moments