*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999677-December-5-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#999677 added December 5, 2020 at 8:15am
Restrictions: None
December 5, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small


Just an image Prompt: "Hello,

We start a new section, Avoid Bad Company.

Proverbs 4:10-13

10. Hear, O my son, and receive my saying; and the years of thy life shall be many.

11. I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.

12. When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.

13. Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.


NOTES:

12. straitened = impeded. Wisdom's way is straight and level in contrast to the crooked and cluttered way of folly."

Solomon is getting ready to move into a new section of his poem and wants to reiterate to his readers what he has already said here. He is telling his readers that if they want to live long, successful lives there are certain actions they should take. Among those actions is learning and adhering to God's word which is wisdom. God does not ask us to do these things because they are good for God. God asks us to do them because they are good for us. God cannot be harmed so we do not need to worry that we are going to hurt Him if we do not do what He wants. God is still going to exist in His glorious state no matter what we do. On the other hand, our lives will be a lot more difficult if we run amuck. I know from personal experience what it is like to live in hell. I am a recovered addict. I used to be manipulative, full of resentment, blaming everybody but myself for my problems. I hated life and hated myself.

Jesus has taught me that a life lived God's way is a life of freedom, true freedom. I like who I am today. I can forgive an offense today. I do not drag around a million-pound bag of resentment, hardship, and misery everywhere I go because I follow God's advice. God knows what is best for me.

For my blog Prompt: "Your captain has a crazy night on the bridge tonight. Therefore, I am sending out the prompt a little early. I was on an away mission today and a red giant appeared on my view screen that I had never encountered or only encountered briefly. It was (119) and there were six planets orbiting it. One of the planets was emitting short wave radio signals on the upper broad band so I knew it was inhabited. My universal translator was offline, but I managed to decode the last phrase which said "who am I becoming?"

 Journaling  (E)
Senyru: Japanese form of poetry similar to haiku, but more about human nature than nature.
#2219893 by SusanFarmer


This is a good question. Who are you becoming? Are you the same person you used to be?"

No! Thank God I am not the person I used to be. I am a recovered addict. I am growing today. I know I have changed tremendously just in the past two years. Today I have a huge capacity to truly love others. Most of my life is spent trying to better myself and better the world around me. I have myriad friends and family. I have a job I love and am expanding the roles it plays. This coming Tuesday I will taking my peer recovery support specialist exam. I will soon after that be taking my alcohol and drug counselors exam to be licensed by the State of West Virginia as a alcohol and drug counselor. I have already spoken to the social workers here at the facility where I live and they said that once I receive that last license they will have me work with some of the residents here. I already work with a number of people in my capacity as chaplain. Life is about serving others. We were not meant to be self-absorbed, self-centered creatures. We were meant to help others. Thank you Father for helping me see the light. I like who I am today and I love life!

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Holiday Cookies"

Somebody else can have mine. Thank you. I am 100 ppounds or about 35 -50 kilos over weight. I don't need any cookies.

Blog City image small Prompt: "What's your favorite holiday movie? Holiday song?"

"Miracle on 34th Street", either version and "A Christmas Carole", most versions. My favorite song is "Silent Night."


Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors


© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999677-December-5-2020