*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/1969509-My-Yearly--Journal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by decora
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1969509
I usually keep a journal from year to year. Erasing accomplished goals enter new goals.
Do you keep a yearly journal?

I buy a new journal every January and write in it once a year each January. I start by transferring my goals and personal thoughts in the new journal.  Transferring what has not been accomplished into my new journal.

When my husband died suddenly in a vehicle accident, the journal was my life saver.  Back in 1980  there was no widow related group meetings, one could join for support, there was nothing written about widowhood in my local  library.  So the journal was  where I ranted and raved, cried  and felt guilty at times of getting mad at life.  My journal  of 1980 I wrote in it mostly every night of the year. Both my parents were deceased, my only remain sibling  lived  100 hundred miles away as did most of my relatives.

Today, some of my journal writing has to do with physical challenges, for five years weight loss was my struggle but i reached my goal weight  2012 and have remained at goal weight to this day. 

Other challenges, like buying and selling of homes, or  taking up a new hobby. Some things remain on the list for several years but eventually I do accomplish what I set out in my hand written journal.

This is my first journal entry by typing it.
It sure is a lot  more productive way to keep a journal on line or as the new wordy is "Blogging".  I must  say, I am hooked!  T\

What are my challenges or plans this January and the rest of the year? 
Exercise,  healthier foods are my main focus.  Plus spending as much time with my grandchild as possible. 

My most obese size was 205 pounds. 
I say obese because at 5'2" I think I looked as wide as I was tall!   
I never want  to be  over weight again!   

It certainly did not happen over night,  I reached goal weight, several times, over a 5 year period.  I think I am on track now as it has been 2 years, since I reached my goal weight and still maintaining. Today I am 100 lbs., lighter!

I discovered Spark People.com.  When I joined it was not free to join but with in one year, it became free for all to join.  It has grown to become the #1 Diet Site Online.  The tools  for counting calories is super, along with countless recipes and hundreds of  online  support groups.  I created and manage  five different  team group all are geared to various topics of interest.
0 Posts · *Magnify*
This forum is currently EMPTY!

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/1969509-My-Yearly--Journal