*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1323859
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #1018261
The science fiction rollplay for members of Flight of Fancy.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 9, 2006 at 1:21pm
Edited: July 9, 2006 at 1:26pm
Two Blessers Beneath the Willows
Trine started at Chrysth's voice. She had not heard him approach. Had she truly been that distracted? That...frightened? "I fear that there is great evil at work."

"Is that so?" Chrysth took hold of a willow leaf and fingered it gently with gloved fingers. "Isn't there always evil in our world, Trine?"

"It is not foolish fancy that brought us here this night!" Trine snapped, her fingers twitching in the moonlight like silver leaves in a breeze. "Nor is it something to be scoffed at!"

"Need I remind you that danger surrounds us at every turn. If this were not so, Trine, we would have no need for the N.P. nor for the law that currently stands." Chrysth tugged on the leaf and it came free to rest in his palm. "Life is fragile, Trine, and we are the protectors of it."

"This evil...darkness...comes from one as high and as powerful as us. It comes from the Protector." Trine whispered, her voice sultry in the darkness.

"Indeed?" Chrysth closed his hand into a fist, imprisoning the fragile willow leaf inside. "Tell me of this danger, Trine, and I may be more willing to believe your words."

"The danger is directed at the Blessers." Trine frowned though Chrysth could not tell since her face was in shadow.

"Only the Blessers, Trine? What of all the members of the N.P.? Or are Blessers the only ones important enough to save?" Chrysth knew he was being snide but he could not help it. Trine had risen so fast in the ranks of Blesser, become so important to all who spoke to her and about her, that jealousy often snaked its way beneath flesh. That Chrysth was jealous was as possible as his ability to create life but he didn't appreciate being looked over as often as he had.

"If you care to scoff, Blesser, then scoff. I came to warn you. I shall not be here in the morning for I will not remain here to be 'enfolded', whatever that may mean, and I offer the invitation to all Blessers." Trine stood then, managing to keep her face in shadows despite the movement. She couldn't let Chrysth see the fear on her face or in her eyes.

"So, you will run? How will that look to everyone if you vanish? Do you think of nothing but yourself, then?" Chrysth unclenched his fist, freeing the leaf. He watched it flutter to the ground and scowled. "Trine, I find that there is an edge to your voice that I do not relish in."

"That edge should tell you more than my words ever could."

"Then what is it you want of me?"

"Your loyalty if I can have it...your company if not. We are leaving tonight on one of the scheduled flights that are going to the outlying planets." Trine shifted, her body tensing.

"By 'we' I assume you mean you and your loyal Summoner friends." Chrysth's hand reached for the willow once more before he managed to stop it. "Do you honestly think the Protector will let one ship off this planet with you M.I.A.?"

"He will," Trine said with a surety she did not feel. "I am not remaining here to be treated to lies and horror."

"If I am to believe what you say, Blesser Trine, and to follow you off this planet and onto another, what assurances do I have that our leaving won't devistate justice?"

"Have we been allowed to issue justice as we have seen fit for the last hundred years? The Protector, whoever he or she may be, has taken ahold of justice and made it a mockery, made it fail to exist." Trine sighed, her hand lifting to her hair. Chrysth, once again, reached for the willow tree but this time allowed himself to capture another leaf.

"I am not sure if I intend to accompany you or not, Trine,"

"Time is short,"

Chrysth crushed the leaf and snarled once more. She put pressures on him he'd rather not have, pressures he could not deny.

"You will have my answer, Trine," Chrysth smiled and stepped closer.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Two Blessers Beneath the Willows · 07-09-06 1:21pm
by DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~
Re: Two Blessers Beneath the Willows · 07-09-06 7:03pm
by Virgo

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1323859