*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1459818
Rated: E · Message Forum · Music · #1074730
Here's my list, what is yours? Anything I should add? Let me know...
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 24, 2007 at 6:29am
Re: Re: Re: Two in particular
You have a point with the 'best' and 'favourites'... I actually had that in mind when I made this list. Sure, its "MY best lists" or who I think is the best. But its not a list that says 'ok, my favourite guitarist is Alexi Laiho, so he should be first'. Sure, I put him pretty high and I doubt anyone here on WDC would even think of him (or even know him), but thats only because i think he's very underappreciated. Neither did I mention people like Rudolf Schenker or Oscar Dronjak, who are the composers for Scorpions and HammerFall... Sure, they can't play as well as the leads in their respective bands, but if it weren't for them... the leads would be just some other guys on the street. If i had to write a 'favourite' list, all of the names in the top ten would probably be band players... except maybe Steve Vai... and a lot mroe would be metal players/slow rock players respectively. i.e. people that don't realy fit into a 'best' category, since their works is greatly affected by the genre. :)

I also love easygoing songs/solos/guitarwork etc. but it varies with my mood. Again, I'd take a good slow song over a meaninglessly fast one any day. I haven't heard of the duo you talk about, so I'll check them out. Youtube? then you must know that guy who play's pachelbel's 'canon'. When i first saw that... whoaaaaaaa. Its actually one of my favourite classical composition, so imagine my surprise when i saw it on top of the all time viewership list on Youtube... and then i played it.... :) talented guy :)

Have you taken the time to listen to Malmsteens Symphony for the electric guitar? Might surprise you. The most important aspect in a song (for me of course) is the main riff. That's usually what catches my interest. And whether it is Layla, Sweet Child o' Mine or that acoustic thingie in that pop guy's famous song 'You're beautiful' or whatever, no matter how fast or complicated a solo may be, that all comes second to the riff. I think if you look at the list, that'll bleed through somehow :) :) :)
MESSAGE THREAD
Two in particular · 02-16-07 9:46pm
by Heart In Africa
Re: Two in particular · 02-23-07 7:09pm
by Filip Janik
Re: Re: Two in particular · 02-23-07 10:15pm
by Heart In Africa
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Two in particular · 02-24-07 6:29am
by Filip Janik

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Filip Janik.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1459818