by Brook
Rated: E · Message Forum · Fantasy · #1191289
Discuss your fantasy and sci-fi worlds.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 29, 2007 at 1:33am
Yadout
by Deany
I've been getting a lot of possitive feedback about the land of Yadout. People say that it is very original compared to a lot of the fantasy... or any story around. This is because Yadout is an island. Or rather a chain of four small islands. The four islands make up one city with about 300 people living on it fairly well.

Our trading partner, Zibwee, is the mineral rich land that trades both raw materials and produced goods with us. It is double the size of all Yadout's islands combined. Not a whole lot to say about Zibwee, this land was nessecary for Yadout in the fact that it was too small to produce anything but food on its own. Zibwee is a few days to the west.

Our mortal enemy is the ogres country of Wuwon, a days travel east. This sparks off the first major conflict that takes place in the first chapter of my book. The people of Yadout hold many bitter feelings towards the ogres on Wuwon because of their treachery and deception when we foolishly trusted them. The land slopes upwards to the castle and drops off at the back. About a size and a half of all the islands of Yadout combined.

To the north was a large island called Xtand, the land of the barbarians. This is where our navy and air forces (turtles and pelicans) had been found. Also there is many artifacts (we have found one) in a place Stuart calls "The caverns of Uncachunca". In the center of this island about eight times the size of Zibwee at least. (It takes one day walking to get halfway through.) In the center is an island (Cat Island) with a cow grave yard. The Barbarian ritual lowers the wall every year because of tradition.

The different countries do have words where it had originated from.
-Amber (Mayor/Queen person) of Yadout had made the comment she was Yeah'd out. A friend of ours, Terry Dynamite thought she was refering to a country of short people.
-Zibwee orignally was Zimbabwee but I didn't want to be tied down to either a continent or the real world so I changed it to Zibwee (with Ambers permission).
-Xtand had been formed from the word "Stand" (The X is pernounced like a "z")
-Wuwon actually came from the Ellen DeGeneres show when she told the crowd to "get their Woo on."

All of these are fairly ironic begginings (save Xtand) and that is simply for the firs book without getting into the inner political workings and people and reasons in the book. For more on this I really encourage you to read the rough draft of the story. It's 20 chapters and I am currently rewriting this and have finished the rough draft of the second story/book which isn't posted. (If you work for a publishing agency and your considering looking at my book, let me just say how handsome/beautiful you look today. *Smile*)

Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

Good Idea for a forum BTW. (Computer speak for Between The Worlds.)
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Yadout · 03-29-07 1:33am
by Deany

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brook.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1479972