*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2111126
by Dee
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Educational · #1421315
Let your knowledge spill forth like a fountain or partake in the wisdom of those who do.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 15, 2010 at 3:37pm
Genre Discussion: Vampires
I'm a day late this week, sorry about that *Blush*. But I'm loving what I've learned so far, and I'm hoping to see some vivid conversation come out of this week's topic.

Okay, so I know 'Vampires' isn't technically a genre. You can find vampires in horror, fantasy, drama, they span the board depending on who writes the story, what it's about, all sorts of factors. Vampires are just another character type.

But (especially these days) there's so much discussion about what makes a good vampire novel. This is all (of course) opinion. One person may like the sparklies while another feels that Nosferatu was the only true representation of the mythos (and my apologies if I used that word wrong).

So...this is still a genre discussion, but the questions for the week are more along the lines of:
what do you think makes a real vampire story? Does it have to be unique? Are there certain rules that should always be followed? Is sexy or scary better? What's been overdone? What worked that no one uses?

Stuff like that, or whatever you want to add to the topic of writing/reading vampires

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Genre Discussion: Vampires · 07-15-10 3:37pm
by Allyson Lindt
Re: Genre Discussion: Vampires · 07-15-10 4:02pm
by LJPC - the tortoise
Re: Genre Discussion: Vampires · 07-15-10 4:09pm
by Vampyr14
Re: Re: Genre Discussion: Vampires · 07-15-10 5:37pm
by Allyson Lindt
Re: Re: Re: Genre Discussion: Vampires · 07-15-10 6:36pm
by Light
Re: Re: Re: Re: Genre Discussion: Vampires · 07-15-10 7:02pm
by Raven
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Genre Discussion: Vampires · 07-15-10 9:26pm
by Vampyr14
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Genre Discussion: Vampires · 07-21-10 4:40pm
by Allyson Lindt
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Genre Discussion: Vampires · 07-21-10 4:37pm
by Allyson Lindt

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Dee.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2111126