*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2221772
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 4, 2011 at 8:31pm
Re: Who do you write for?
by A Non-Existent User
I believe that you should always be true to yourself and only in this way, will you be true to your readers!! Your whole story, from its unique settings, to its twisting plots, to its complicated characters......reveal who you are!! The readers who you capture, will be those who feel a connection to your own uniqueness, through your writing style!!
If you were to write an ending simply to satisfy what you believe your readers would want, you are holding back a part of yourself that will be truly missed in your writing!!

I am working on my first fantasy novel, just started in February! Before I even began, I knew that I wanted it to be a series. With this in mind, I have found myself backspacing on several occasions, realizing that I needed to add, delete or change something in order to inspire my characters to greater depths!! I always remain true to myself, however, believing that I will capture the readers that come to know my characters....that become a part of their very existence!!!
MESSAGE THREAD
Who do you write for? · 07-30-10 12:26pm
by Amarisa
Re: Who do you write for? · 08-19-10 10:31am
by Rewrite
Re: Who do you write for? · 03-15-11 11:06am
by mrsvoelkel
Re: Re: Who do you write for? · 04-04-11 8:34pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Who do you write for? · 04-18-11 8:04am
by Liam Jackson
Re: Re: Re: Re: Who do you write for? · 04-18-11 8:11am
by Liam Jackson
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who do you write for? · 04-18-11 7:39pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Who do you write for? · 04-18-11 7:36pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Who do you write for? · 04-04-11 8:31pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2221772