*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2325593
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 20, 2011 at 9:13pm
I would like to know what you think
by Grace
I have never written a story nor do I really know how to write one. However, I did write the below paragraph, as it is my first attempt at writing. It would be great if someone could just read it and let me know if I have potential. Please let me know about grammar! Thank you!

"She sat on the sofa listening to his obtuse and eccentric ramblings. She quickly drowned him out with her own flurry of thoughts that swirled around in her head. Approaching thirty, she wondered exactly how she ended up here? Searching quickly through her past, sifting through all the life altering decisions that could of led her here, Karin could not put a thumb on the one event that brought her sitting on this very sofa, in this very room, listening to the very eccentric ramblings that spewed from his mouth. She would humor him with a perfectly timed “uh-huh,” and the occasional nod to mask the disinterest, instead she began to look at his pallor face and study the mess of a beard that he began to grow. Richard, was also on the cusp of thirty, and was somewhat successful for his age. What most people attributed to hard work, innovation, and determination was actually fruited by old family money. He owned several small gyms throughout the southwest, but from the look of him, it would of never been guessed."
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I would like to know what you think · 11-20-11 9:13pm
by Grace
Re: I would like to know what you think · 11-24-11 3:07pm
by margaret quedly
Re: Re: I would like to know what you think · 11-26-11 5:05pm
by Grace
Re: Re: I would like to know what you think · 01-11-12 9:30pm
by CAD
Re: I would like to know what you think · 01-08-12 1:08am
by jkincaid

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2325593