*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2749199
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 16, 2014 at 9:47pm
Re: Distraction and doubt
(Oh, how well I know this feeling! *Cry*) Is it only your antagonist with whom you have problems?

When I get in this mood, I often freewrite. When I feel helpless and lost and start to doubt every single word I've written, I buckle down, open up a document, and figure out what is bothering me. If you don't like your antagonist, why? How can you change that? Will changing the antagonist help, or is it a matter of portrayal and development? What effect would changing the antagonist have on the story? What would the story be like if the story was told from the perspective of your antagonist?

Also, this is only Nano Prep prewriting, so you have plenty of time to make changes.

I love to brainstorm character development, and I'd love to hear more if you have any problems or questions. Sometimes, for me, just getting the information out there really helps. If it's just swirling around in my head or rotting in a document, my doubts often only grow.

Talking to a trusted friend or fellow writer can work miracles. Just verbalizing your problems can sometimes help you find a solution.

I think all of us here know the feeling and would be more than happy to help!

I wish you the best of luck!

- -

"Let me live, love and say it well
in good sentences."
- Sylvia Plath

*MushroomB* *Books3**Books5* "Invalid Item *Books5**Books2* *MushroomB*
MESSAGE THREAD
Distraction and doubt · 10-16-14 8:19pm
by choosingtolearn
Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-16-14 8:34pm
by Agape Novels
*Star* Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-16-14 9:47pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-16-14 9:48pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-17-14 9:02am
by Brandiwyn🎶
Re: Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-19-14 5:58pm
by choosingtolearn
Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-19-14 9:21pm
by Fancy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2749199