*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2749200
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 16, 2014 at 9:48pm
Re: Distraction and doubt
I think most of us doubt ourselves as writers. Even big names have doubt. What defines you is how you deal with it.

An unattributed quote that always keeps me motivated is "You can't edit a blank page." So if you let the doubt stop you from writing, the doubt will win. There is a beautiful story in your mind, and it isn't going to come out right on paper the first time. Maybe not the second time. That story might never be as gorgeous on paper as it is in your head.

But I bet someone out there will enjoy that story if you put your time into it. And the more time you put into this story, the better it will become.

I can't promise anything except that finishing this prep will prepare you more for NaNo than doing it without. I did NaNo one year before BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ created this Prep. I've completed this Prep ever since. I find it focuses my story so I have a better chance of editing and polishing it later.

Since writing stories is new to you, you're going to have to figure out what's going to keep you writing. This is not an easy thing. Do you have someone close to you that you trust to read things and tell you that they're good and remind you to finish? Does it help to know that many of us face that every day when we sit in front of our keyboards, notebooks, whatever other devices we might use to capture our stories?

You can do this. It's one step at a time. Every word you put to the page, every piece of preparation you do- all of this takes you closer to that completed novel. All you have to do is keep trying. You CAN do this.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Distraction and doubt · 10-16-14 8:19pm
by choosingtolearn
Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-16-14 8:34pm
by Agape Novels
Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-16-14 9:47pm
by Roseille ā™„
*Star* Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-16-14 9:48pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-17-14 9:02am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-19-14 5:58pm
by choosingtolearn
Re: Distraction and doubt · 10-19-14 9:21pm
by Fancy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2749200