*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2860173
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Message Forum · Other · #2016379
Discuss all things relating to writing and genre.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 12, 2015 at 10:33pm
Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on the end of the world?
Has anyone else seen the Twilight episode, I don't remember the name. In it aliens landed and told the human race it had been watching humanity to see if we could complete our mission. So the world gets together and basically sings kum ba yah to the aliens. Then, in a typical rod sterling twist, the aliens were watching us to see how well we could wage war. We failed their test and so they destroyed us.

I'd like to think it would be more like that. Whatever we expected the aliens wanted, we would end up doing the opposite. Other than that I think our reaction would depend on the situation. If it was something like Enders Game or Starship Troopers, then we would fight. were it a Battlestar Galactica situation, then we would probably do the same thing.

The one thing that we need to remember is that the basic instinct that drives all the actions of all life forms is survival. Whether we run or fight depends on what the likelihood of survival is. Even a rat will fight if it has no other option for survival.

Check out my blog and stories at: www.jestrickland.com
MESSAGE THREAD
Thoughts on the end of the world? · 08-07-15 2:32am
by L. Stephen O'Neill
Re: Thoughts on the end of the world? · 08-07-15 3:35am
by Smee
Re: Re: Thoughts on the end of the world? · 08-07-15 4:43am
by L. Stephen O'Neill
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on the end of the world? · 08-12-15 10:33pm
by J.E.Strickland
Re: Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on the end of the world? · 08-13-15 8:01pm
by L. Stephen O'Neill
Re: Thoughts on the end of the world? · 09-11-15 12:25pm
by Team Contract

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, David the Dark one!.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2860173